Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Title Blocks

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
LarryS23
1834 Views, 14 Replies

Updating Title Blocks

Is there a way to update the title blocks I used in my cross section sheets? I updated the title block in my template file. Now is there a way to update the old block on my cross section sheets that I originally created using the create multiple section views - section placement production option with the old title block template? 

Labels (2)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: LarryS23

Under Express Tools there is a command to replace blocks with another block

Message 3 of 15
LarryS23
in reply to: Anonymous

Gotcha. Is there a way to streamline this? Or do I have to manually click through every single drawing in a plan set?

Message 4 of 15
Joe-Bouza

The reference template tool may help. maybe?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 15
LarryS23
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Where is that tool?

Message 6 of 15
LarryS23

Well I inserted the new block into my cross section sheets and now the sheet set manager is not working properly all of a sudden. 

Message 7 of 15
Joe-Bouza

the new block must have the identical field definitions in the attribute to work.  you may need to run ATTSYNC as well

my cad is down to check the template ref but I  will get back to you. 2018 and up is where it is

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 15
Joe-Bouza

when you say title block are you referring to the frame , line and logos or  the attributes that hold the fields?

I am suspecting the attributes and frame are combined.

In our work flow they are separated so the border frame is xrefed and the title block attributes are inserted in layout tab. the template is set with the relative xref so layout from template brings it all in at once

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 9 of 15
LarryS23

Yeah I did not change the attributes. All I did was move the location of the attributes.

Message 10 of 15
LarryS23

Why can't I seem to copy and paste a title block from a dwg file into a layout tab and then have the ssm update the title block with the custom properties?

Message 11 of 15
LarryS23

My workflow needs correction I think.

This is my current workflow:

1. Make title block in model space and save it as a dwg file.

2. Wblock that title block created in model space to make all objects a block.

3. Copybase of title block and insert it into a template file with sheets for plan and profile.

4. Insert block using from template option or section sheets i.e. plan production methods.

Can I go straight to inserting the block that is saved in model space and insert it into a layout tab if I make a correction to the title block? I know I have to then redefine the block that was inserted into the template file. 

Message 12 of 15
Joe-Bouza

1. If you are going with the insert approach draw all the geometry relative to 0,0  (in Model space)

2. add the attribute definitions with the requisite field definitions. Save and close

on a layout tab in the template insert at 0,0. That all.

if you want to go with the xref method:

1. steps 1-2 as above.

2. wblock the attributes to a file called TitleBlock

on a layout tab in the template XREF the border at 0,0. 

1. insert the TitleBlock at 0,0

trips: when defining attributes and filds for use with SSM set them to LOCK and PRESET. 

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 13 of 15
LarryS23

I think my issue is that I’ll create my cross section sheet and then I’ll sometimes use the block editor command in the actual cross section layout. I’ll right click the block and then choose block editor from the drop down menu and then edit from there. Then I’ll save and close that block and be back in my actual cross section layout. Does this actually update the dwg file from where the block was created in?

Message 14 of 15
LarryS23

So am I missing something because I will copy and paste a title block into another drawing and the title block text will change locations?

Message 15 of 15
LarryS23

Yeah is there a reason I have to delete the title block in my sheet set layout and then purge that title block before reinserting the new title block or am I updating the title block incorrectly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report