Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE install failed for PPK and Coordinates Tool "Required product not found"

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
abd_eng_001
1648 Views, 20 Replies

UPDATE install failed for PPK and Coordinates Tool "Required product not found"

Hi, I have formatted my pc and installed fresh windows 10. Then installed Civil 3D 2023. While I was installing updates of Civil 3D 2023, two of the update could not installed - Coordinates and Transformation Tool 2023 for Civil 3D and PPK Survey Extension 2023 for Civil 3D. Other updates were installed perfectly such as SHP tool, project explorer...

I have found below article for this problem, but couldn't solve it.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Requir...

I believe there is a bug in the xml files of the setup file such as PPK_Survey_2023 setup.xml and ucp.xml as setup cannot identify the location of Civil 3D exe file.

This problem occurs in all my team member's PC.

Anyone has the same problem? and found out a solution?

Thanks,

Tags (4)
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
abd_eng_001
in reply to: abd_eng_001

Finally I found a solution. Like I suspected, problem was in setup.xml config file.

Solution goes like this:

1. Once Transformation_2023.exe or PPK_Survey_2023.exe is downloaded, right click the exe file and unzip them (7zip can be used)

2. In the unzip file there is a file "setup.xml"

3. Open the xml in Notepad++ and go to the line 28, where the line is this = 

<Condition messageId="prerequisite1" state="NOT_APPLICABLE" type="PREREQUISITE"><![CDATA[NOT(%ADSK_WIN_INSTALLED_MSI% CONTAINS {28B89EEF-5100-0000-0102-CF3F3A09B77D})]]></Condition>

4. The bolded number is 5100, this should be changed to 6100. Then save the file.

5. Start the setup.exe file to install it.

Hope it helps.

Message 3 of 21
jmillsMV3TV

You are the man, worked flawlessly. I did run into a similar issue with C3D 2022 trying to install geotechnical toolkit. I don't speak code. Thank you so much, your efforts are much appreciated.

Message 4 of 21

Why can't Autodesk fix this? It's THEIR product. They should pull the update, FIX IT, and re-post. Thank you for this solution. Works great!

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 21
mdavis22569

@abd_eng_001   Make an AKN about / for this... 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 6 of 21
abd_eng_001
in reply to: jmillsMV3TV

happy to helped
Message 7 of 21

yes, definitely. they should have fixed by now, 2023 is out almost a month. And the mistake is very silly, the code of 5100 means older version - 2022. whoever wrote this setup.xml forget to update newer version code as 6100.
Message 8 of 21
abd_eng_001
in reply to: mdavis22569

I am sorry, I don't know AKN. what is it?
Message 9 of 21

Message 10 of 21

Thanks for AKN elaboration. Done it. Hope Autodesk will listen and fix the problem.
Message 11 of 21

You're welcome! And let's so they do!!

Todd Rogers
Message 12 of 21
mdavis22569

I saw the ticket and escalated it up ... 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 13 of 21

@mdavis22569 you know as well as I do, that don't mean anything. 🙈🙉🙊

Todd Rogers
Message 14 of 21
mdavis22569

I know .. I could make the AKN article for him ... but don't want the credit.

I could put a link to his profile in it ... 

Would that help / work?

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 15 of 21
LucasHicks
in reply to: mdavis22569

I just installed both via the desktop app.

OpenRoads Designer, Civil 3D
Message 16 of 21
abd_eng_001
in reply to: LucasHicks

yes, you are able to install via the desktop app or direct download of exe file as Autodesk fix the problem. As can be seen in the screenshot, they released new update.

abd_eng_001_0-1654806976638.png

Message 17 of 21
DarrenP

they may have fixed the updates

looks like they re released both of these updates yesterday

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 18 of 21

Sir,

please do you have a link to the PPK and Transformation tool .exe files, i cant find them in my civil 3d 2022. I understand i need to download and install updates. please help with the link, you can send the link or exe file to nsikakobonge1@outlook.com; usfieldmarshal@gmail.com

thanks for your help

Message 19 of 21

Hi everyone! 

Sorry for bring this topic up but I need help and try understand why I can't find this precisous tool on my civil 3D 2023. I can't find direct download links on the site, either on the Autodesk Access app.

Sometimes I try understand Autodesk's team, because sometimes the program and those situations is unreal for the price of this softwares.

Thank you for your atention and help.

Kind regards!

Message 20 of 21

It is in the website, https://manage.autodesk.com/. if you follow the Civil3D and choose the version 2023, and then "Available downloads - Extensions" you will be able to download and install. Here is the screenshot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report