Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition from small existing corridor to a larger proposed corridor

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
michaelsloniker
260 Views, 2 Replies

Transition from small existing corridor to a larger proposed corridor

So I am trying to create specific transitions from a proposed corridor to meet the existing EOP. Any Ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

A little more information would be helpful- is there a specific problem you are having, or do you just want suggestions for workflow?  

Easy way, mostly manual, create a feature line with the taper rate you want, and target it with your lane widening subassembly.  

Harder way, but offers a lot of precise control: Use a numerical control profile, and the parameter passing ability of subassemblies to have a design profile control your taper dynamically, as Jeff Bartels shows in this video: 

https://youtu.be/W-f4Ep7TXyE

Jeffrey Rivers
Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel i9 3.7GHz, 64 GB
NVIDIA RTX A4000
C3D 2020 V13.2.89.0
Message 3 of 3

So I have an existing survey and the EOP varies in width. Sometimes its 9' lanes and sometimes its 8ish foot lanes. We are designing a new culvert under the road and are going to expand the road to 10' lanes. I am trying to figure out different ways to do make the transition back to the existing when the existing is not consistent.

@jeff_rivers thank you for your suggestions. I have watched that video and would be useful if the section of road that I was designing was longer and varied a lot but since it is short the video is a bit more complex than I am looking for. 

The manual way is a nice a way but then I would need to figure out the elevations needed to insure that the proper slopes were in place. Both are valid and good ways to accomplish the task.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report