Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolspace resizing

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1469 Views, 7 Replies

Toolspace resizing

I have a weird one here for the gurus.  Everyone is familiar with how dialogue boxes and various portions of the user interface components can be resized by dragging just like any other program.  Well, it works for me on everything but toolspace.  I cannot drag the toolspace any smaller to the left and I am wasting a lot of valuable screen space.

Is there a setting I messed up?  Screenshot attached

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jroot
in reply to: Anonymous

On mine I only get the re-size arrows (left+right) when I'm on the right edge of the box - but under the tabs.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jroot

For some reason I can't make it thinner or wider by dragging left or right.  I can drag the lower portion (where the point data would typically be) up and down and it even creates a scroll bar for the prospector if I make it too small.  JUst doesn't work left or right.

Message 4 of 8
jroot

Is it docked?  Try undocking it and see if you can resize it.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I hit answered by mistake.  Your undocking comment may be it but how can I undock and dock it?  I can turn it off and on but the "allow docking" is checked and grey so I can't uncheck it

Message 6 of 8
jroot

It may be anchored to the left side of the screen.

If you click, hold and drag on the far left bar of the toolspace (under the x, arrow and gear) you should be able to drag it out to the middle of the screen and resize.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I think it is definitely anchored.  THe far left side of the toolbar is just white, there is no 'edge' per say.  Can you give me another description of where I may click and hold?  I don't see an x, arrow, gear to the left

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

thank you!!!!  Got it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report