Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tags skipping

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
Anonymous
2896 Views, 17 Replies

Tags skipping

Found some posts on this, but not specific to my problem. I draw a polyline, curve, curve, line, curve. I go to label multiple segments with tags and it labels the polyline, respectively, C1, C2, L1, C4.

So it skips C3. It's in a new drawing with no sites. All tags reset without a hitch. Anyone? TIA

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
SethHall
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi balloonsrise-

You may want to check you Tabel Tag Numbering. The starting number or increment may be off and causing this issue.

760i5E1B74F2440CADBC

Hope this helps!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 18
Jeff_M

This is a known issue. It was reported quite a while ago, too.... The only workaround I know of is to just add the labels then go back and renumber them. A real PITA. 

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous

That's all set correctly, yes.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

Okay, thanks ya'll. 

Message 6 of 18
areese9779

You can also add all of the curves labels first, and then add the line labels after that...

Andy Reese
C3D 2016, SP3
Dell Precision M4800, Windows 10 64-bit
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: areese9779

Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous

You have to be kidding, this isn't fixed yet. This turns a 5 min task into a 2 hours task. Completely unacceptable.

Message 9 of 18
h.malgarezi

The problem I have here is that the curve numbering follows the sequence the curves or PIs were created when drawing the alignment.

So, if I just finish my alignment and after that insert a new curve in the middle of it, this curve will have the last number although it is not the last in the sequence.

What I usually do is to add the numbers as 'Single Segment', one by one and clicking in each curve in the correct sequence, but it takes 'years' to do it.  

Message 10 of 18
rkmcswain

@Jeff_M wrote:

This is a known issue. It was reported quite a while ago, too.... The only workaround I know of is to just add the labels then go back and renumber them. A real PITA.

Is this still an issue, nine years later? @Jeff_M 

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 11 of 18
Jeff_M
in reply to: rkmcswain

@rkmcswain , yes, the tag numbering when using the multiple segment option is still whack in C3D 2020. The curves are numbered correctly, but the lines are not. 

2019-09-13_14-18-41.png

EESignature
Message 12 of 18
rkmcswain

Is there a Sincpac tool for this? Or do we just have to manually label hundreds of lines/curves?

@Jeff_M 

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 13 of 18
Jeff_M
in reply to: rkmcswain

@rkmcswain , no, the API does not expose the contents of the labels for us to be able to renumber them. I have not looked into creating the Tags directly and watching the counter...this may be doable. I will look into it.

Of course, it would be much easier for Autodesk to fix the line counter to not count the curves. probably no more than 1 line of code.

EESignature
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous

This bug has caused too many issues for us not to share a solution.  Here is what worked for us in C3D 2019.

While under the Add Labels pop-out, create a new style from the one that you are using for the TAG Labels.  You will have to do one for the Lines and one for the Curves. I named both of the styles OFF.  While in the new style, jump over to the layout tab.  Under Component Name is a drop down list.  Delete everything from the that drop down list.  The only thing left should be one Component Name (mine shows Table Tag).  Next, open up the contents under the Text sub-folder -- click the Value cell (has three dots).  Delete the contents fully under Properties. Hit Ok then OK.  Now you can select the same line segment twice using "Multiple" for the style to create all your labels, Line and Curve.  Just make sure the style for Line or Curve is off when you are creating the other.  Line style on - Curve style off ---- Curve style on - Line style off.

Cheers from Texas!

Best Regards,

Mark Thinnes

Water Resource Design

CAD Designer

Freese and Nichols, Inc.

Message 15 of 18
lynn_zhang

Hi @Anonymous 

Glad to hear this worked for you and thanks so much for sharing the solution! This will benefit other users in the community with the same issue.

@Anonymous wrote:

This bug has caused too many issues for us not to share a solution.  Here is what worked for us in C3D 2019.

While under the Add Labels pop-out, create a new style from the one that you are using for the TAG Labels.  You will have to do one for the Lines and one for the Curves. I named both of the styles OFF.  While in the new style, jump over to the layout tab.  Under Component Name is a drop down list.  Delete everything from the that drop down list.  The only thing left should be one Component Name (mine shows Table Tag).  Next, open up the contents under the Text sub-folder -- click the Value cell (has three dots).  Delete the contents fully under Properties. Hit Ok then OK.  Now you can select the same line segment twice using "Multiple" for the style to create all your labels, Line and Curve.  Just make sure the style for Line or Curve is off when you are creating the other.  Line style on - Curve style off ---- Curve style on - Line style off.

Cheers from Texas!

Best Regards,

Mark Thinnes

Water Resource Design

CAD Designer

Freese and Nichols, Inc.

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 16 of 18
Goody1977
in reply to: SethHall

IF YOU USE THE TABLE TAG RENUMBERING, AND SET THAT NUMBER TO THE ONE YOU WANT THE SKIPPED LTAG THEN USE THE RENUMBER COMMAND IT WILL POPULATE CORRECTLY, BUT IT IS STILL A PAIN, AND SHOULD BE FIXED!!

Message 17 of 18
amadril

How do you delete the contents fully under Properties? I have a drop down on the properties tab, the drop down is title, Label Tag Number. There are two columns, Modifier and Value, neither of which can be deleted. The items under these columns also have drops that cannot be deleted. PS I am working in C3D 2018
Message 18 of 18
IanMcClain

This sounds like it should work, but I'm unable to replicate. 

I'm working with Parcels. I can label multiple segments of all curves with line off, or vice versa, but after that I can't label in inverse.

It's like the parcel thinks it's already labeled those entities and won't add more labels.

My work around is to label an adjacent parcel that shares the line work with the inverse combination of labels and add anything missing with individual labels.

Using 2023 (still not fixed!)

IanMcClain_0-1713995705117.png

Ian McClain

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report