Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Profile Labeling overlap

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
strikilis
712 Views, 4 Replies

Split Profile Labeling overlap

I have an extreme change in elevation on a Profile, so I split the profile. I have Existing Grade bands on the bottom and Proposed Grade Bands on the top of the profile and the Elevations are on the sides of the Profile. My problem is where the profile split the top band for the proposed grade and the side band for the elevations are overlapping and I have no clue how to fix it. I've searched elsewhere on these forums but haven't found anything or anyone having the same problem as me. I'm working in Civil 3D 2016. I attached a picture so you can see what I'm talking about. Split Profile View Overlap.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Mike.M.Carlson
in reply to: strikilis

Are you following the workflow shown in this short video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox8gAENO6vA

Mike

Michael M. Carlson
Senior Civil Designer
CADD Manager
AutoCAD Civil 3D Professional
AutoCAD Professional

Message 3 of 5
strikilis
in reply to: Mike.M.Carlson

I watched the video you posted and I noticed he didn't have top bands like I do in his profile. The problem I'm having is the top band and side two bands are overlapping. I could try to edit the side bands like he did so they are closer to the edge and see if that works. Thank you.

Message 4 of 5
strikilis

I watched the video you sent and thought to mess with the Profile View Style and I saw that the Vertical bands had an offset I just messed around with that until there was no text overlap. Thank you again.

Message 5 of 5
Mike.M.Carlson

Oh great!  Glad to help!

Mike

Michael M. Carlson
Senior Civil Designer
CADD Manager
AutoCAD Civil 3D Professional
AutoCAD Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report