Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequential Text Numbering

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4405 Views, 5 Replies

Sequential Text Numbering

I am trying to avoid the tedious way that i number parking stalls, etc... Right now i paste mtext on each stall, then use the tcount command to renumber them. There has got to be a better way. Does anyone out there know a way to automatically ascend or descend the numbers? The only way i could think would be to create some sort of parcel style labels and draw the stalls as parcels. No thanks...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: Anonymous

Not trying to push any software on you, but have you seen Autodesk Vehicle Tracking?  It does parking stall layouts and it takes no time to do so.  Check out this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqnwKjid4Tw

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 6
doni49
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

And this will JUST copy & increment text.  I haven't tested it myself but I used to have a similar routine.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/copy-and-increment-text/td-p/840715

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: doni49

Thanks a bunch, works great. SHowed it to some of the others in my office, we are all on board now.

Message 5 of 6
Joe-Bouza

Express tools has a incremental text , but I highly recommend AVT, as was previously suggested

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Joe-Bouza

There are also ways to create dynamic block to count the stalls too

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report