Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section Views

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
217 Views, 2 Replies

Section Views

Hi Guys, I created sample lines and section views for my road projects. I set all line works to appropriate layers except for "Segment and Points". Cannot change from layer "0".

I right click the existing grade on my section views, click "edit section style", click "display", then change the layer of Segments and points and click "OK", "apply".

Go back to my drawing, verify the layer but  still layer "0". I tried so many times, read the manual, call friends but no luck. I am tempted to "explode" my drawing.

PLEASE HELP. TODAY IS SUNDAY and I AM STILL AT THE OFFICE. I HAVE DEADLINE TOMORROW 7/16/2012.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

All of the ObjectLayer settings are set to place objects on Layer 0:

7-15-2012 5-44-55 PM.png

So all of the C3D objects will come in on Layer 0. That, and you specifically have set the color for the segments to color 11, so even if you change the layer in the style, you won't be able to tell since the color is hard coded.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 3
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: Jeff_M

As per Jeff's post, the objects are set to be created on the layer 0.

You access the dialogue shown by clicking on the "Settings" tab of the "Toolspace" then right click on the drawing name at the top, in this case "SECTION", and choose "Edit Drawing Settings...". In the "Drawing Settings" dialogue select the "Object Layers" tab and set the default layers for all new objects.

This is best done in your default template, so you don't have to set it in each drawing you work with.

In regards the layer settings in your section style, they control the layers for the different parts of the section object. This allows you to have the different parts of the sections displayed or not and also set to different colours etc. based on the layers they are located on.

For your existing section/s just select it and change the layer it is on using the layer drop down on the ribbon or properties dialogue.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report