Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference Template alters Pipe Profile Label Justification

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dgladfelter
165 Views, 1 Reply

Reference Template alters Pipe Profile Label Justification

I'm currently encountering issues with Reference Templates altering the Justification setting for some, but not all, Pipe Profile Labels when using Civil 3D 2023. So far, we've not observed this erroneous Justification behavior with any other object type only, and it currently only  impacts some (not all) of our Pipe Profile Labels.

Pipe Profile Left Justification.png

As shown in the above screenshot, the justification for some of my Pipe Profile Label styles will change from the desired Center Justification setting to a Left Justification setting.

Browsing to the Style definition in the production drawing (.dwg) that includes the Reference Template, the Justification of the component in question is as follows:

Production Drawing.png

By contrast, browsing to the same definition in the Reference Template (.dwt), the Justification of the same component is as follows.

Pipe Profile Center Justification.png

I have tried troubleshooting in practically every way I can think.

1. Import Style from Reference Template (assign a new name): Justification remains Centered.
  2. Research Component Configuration: While I won't rule it out, I've compared the Components of working styles to those that are broken and have not been able to notice any appreciable configuration differences. In fact, derivative versions of the broken styles (i.e., Existing vs. Proposed) with the same component configuration (sans Layer and Text Style) work as expected. 
  3. Tested with AECCREFTEMPLATEAUTOUPDATE drawing variable both enabled and disabled.
  4. Created new drawing with only a surface, pipe network, alignment/profile, and profile view to eliminate the possibility of conflicts with other drawing objects.
  5. Plus numerous other theories I can't fully recall at the moment.

Nonetheless, given the number of dead ends I've encountered with this one, I thought it worth seeing if others may have run into something similar.

Donnie Gladfelter

Sr. Manager, Technical Staff Development, Bowman

The CAD Geek Blog

Facebook |Twitter |YouTube |LinkedIn

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MSchille-1994
in reply to: dgladfelter

Maybe these ideas?

• Pick on the label that is goofed up and "reset" the label in the ribbon?
  • Detach the reference template (which will remove all un-used styles)
    • When you delete the label and -relabel the pipe, does it work as expected?
Attitude, not Aptitude, Determines Altitude

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report