Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Object Line to Polyline

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
4281 Views, 3 Replies

Profile Object Line to Polyline

I would like to be able to utilize the Profile object as a polyline. Is there a way to copy out the profile generated line and be able to use it as a polyline. Ideally I like to be able to offset the finished grade profile layer to make sure i have enough clearances where needed. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CadKid1
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm sure someone has a more elegant solution to this, but here goes -

Maybe you could create a simple corridor with a feature that's above the alignment the desired height, then export the feature line aas a profile and add to your profile view?

I haven't done that myself, but it's probably what I would try first.

Message 3 of 4
JessicaPalmer

This is absolutely possible, the command is just in an unexpected place.  Home tab, create design panel, feature line drop-down, create feature line from alignment.

Creates a Feature line along the alignment but at the profile elevation named in the dialog box.  You can offset it using the feature line editing tools.  It works great for grading as is or if you need to you can convert it to a 3d polyline. 

Jessica Palmer
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks everybody. I just realized i can copy the Profile Object, then explode it and can create a simple polyline from that for my quick checking.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report