Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Gridlines and Elevation Text Intervals

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1128 Views, 4 Replies

Profile Gridlines and Elevation Text Intervals

I was wondering how I can set my Elevation Text and Profile Major Gridlines at different intervals?  It seems like there stuck to one another.

For example, I want my Major Gridlines at every 1.0m but show elevation at every 5.0m.

I tried 'splitting' the profile view with a hacked up style but it seems to be messing up my pipes.  Is there a way I can make a vertical band of some sort?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

Make your major gridlines and annotation the same interval, 5 m, turn on minor gridlines as 1m but with no annotation.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
david.zavislan

Cheat by using two profile views, one on top of the other.  Have one view use a style that displays the grid, and the other use a style that displays the axis labels.  Display profiles and other objects in only the view with the grid.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

tcorey, I forgot to mention that I need to preserve the minor grid lines at 0.2m.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

david I was thinking of doing that as well but I have alot of objects to project and it seems like alot work managing 2 profile views which has to sync elev and sta wise. I just ended up turning off my left annotation layer and just inserted the elevations by text

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report