Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems creating intersections.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
lbenavidesmDCQ4S
197 Views, 3 Replies

Problems creating intersections.

Hi anyone.

I hope you can help me, i wanted to learm how to create intersecction, but practicing I notice a problen when i created one. The problem is in the curb, the programs not use all of the section of a assembly.

Lo que trato de decir es que al generar mi interseccion personalizada con mis propios ensamblajes, esta me ignora parte de un ensablaje (curb returns). Ojala espero puedan ayudarmeo guiarme.

lbenavidesmDCQ4S_0-1724476650965.pnglbenavidesmDCQ4S_1-1724476695191.png

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeew-m
in reply to: lbenavidesmDCQ4S

Hi,

I think you should go with this option.

Jeewm_0-1724488009923.png

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 4
nkiakas
in reply to: lbenavidesmDCQ4S

Hi @lbenavidesmDCQ4S 

I agree with @Jeew-m , this wizard will guide you to crate your intersection (T junction)

In addition, because you said you want to learn, you can follow the bellow, and in general is what what the wizard is doing. First of all you need to prepare all the inputs for the intersection corridor.

1. Consider that Alignment "East-west Drive" is your main alignment and you have already the profile of this alignment
  2. Create the offset alignments of the main alignment according to your requirements for width + slope. Very important is to create also the offset profiles together with the offset alignments. You will use them later
  3. Assuming that you have already the profile of the secondary road(s) create also the offset alignments and profiles from the secondary roads. Very important again to create the offset profiles. You will need them.
  4. For each T junction, you have to create two connected alignments. They are the connected alignments coming from the offset alignment from main and secondary roads. In the parameters use circular fillet or what ever defined from your requirements. Don't use any offset parameter here. You have done it in step 3. Be care full, you have also to create the connected alignment profile. Be careful in the parameters of connected alignment profile. If during steps 2 and 3 you have already used cross slope from offset alignments, then in this step don't use cross slope or delta elevation. For the parameter of the profile curve use can use a small value, lets say 50m. anyway you can edit this later.
  5. Create the assembly(ies) for the part of T-junction. You will use "half" assembly. I mean you will have lane (and any other subassembly(ies) only from one side, right or left, it depends from the connected alignments from step 4, because you are going to use them both as baselines. Try both, one only from left side and just mirror the subassemblies and make one assembly mirrored with subassemblies from the right side.
  6. Create a corridor and make one of the two connected alignments as baseline, with vertical baseline the profile created in step 4. As assembly use the proper (left or right) created in step 5. Now be careful for the targeting, horizontal and vertical. For horizontal target you will use the centerline alignment of the secondary alignment together with THE OFFSET ALIGNMENT (NOT THE CENTERLINE) of the main road. Choose the option to target to nearest alignment. For the elevation targets use profiles of the two alignments for the horizontal targets. In this point note that if you want to choose a profile, this profile should be presented in a profile. Sorry i should mention before in step 1. If you don't have, prepare the profile views of the profiles. Again here for the elevation targets use the nearest profile.
  7. Create the top surface of the corridor. You may don't like the results. No problem, this happens always. The good thing is that everything above are dynamically linked. Any change (of course minor) in the alignment/profiles will affect the corridor automatically and will be reflected in the corridor surface.

All above may look difficult but in fact is simple workflow with natural/logical assumptions.

Message 4 of 4
lbenavidesmDCQ4S
in reply to: nkiakas

Thanks, i noticed that , it's better to create manually. Thanks a lot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report