Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Network Structure - Manhole - Cover Level not changing

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Sinoj.Ravindran
3733 Views, 11 Replies

Pipe Network Structure - Manhole - Cover Level not changing

Dear experts,

I am trying to update the inserted cover level of structure- manhole to a different level from structure properties dialogue box and then under Insertion Rim behavior - Automatic surface adjustment value selected to false and then entering the desired value in insertion rim elevation.

But its not reflecting the same value as inserted..!!
I have turned 0 the cover level rules also..

Sump depth set to 0

Is this because of the connected dia 300mm pipe??

Please help....

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Structures have a minimum distance between the rim and the top of the connected pipe. This is calculated by the structure using the values of components in the top of the structure (frame height, slab or cone height) along with a 'clearance' value specified in the structures definition.  When this minimum is violated the pipe invert will be held and the rim will be adjusted.  This applies for the rim's surface adjustment value being set to true or false. 

You could make edits to the structure to allow for a shallow cover situation. Use a shorter cone section or use a structure with no cone and just a flat slab.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 3 of 12

Hi Mark,

I used cylinder junction structure no frame.. so that I get no adjustment for frames..

And as I told, minimum cover is set in the pipe rule set to zero.

Message 4 of 12

Go to part list, right click on the structure size you are using and click on EDIT. Then check the Vertical pipe clearance paramater:

Vertical pipe clearance.jpg

Structure RIM will never move below this value. This setting comes from the Part Builder. It can be changed there. If this value is 0 and you still cannot change the RIM elevation then the problem is somewhere else, e.g.: null structure swapped to manhole which behaves like corrupted structure, in this case delete structure and recreate it.

Technical Services Manager
Devotech Group of Companies
Devotech iDAS (Infrastructure Design Automation Suite)
Message 5 of 12

Be aware that by editing the part in partbuilder that you could be creating a structure that may not be able to be constructed in the real world.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 6 of 12

hi..

That was so helpful..

Okey..its just for 2d drawing purposes.. for layout and profile generation only..

Thank you

Message 7 of 12

If you are not familiar with the Part Builder than I would suggest the following:

1. Make a copy of your pipe network catalogue (just as a backup)

2. Go to part builder and open the structure type you used:

Open part.jpg

3. Save it as new part type (in case you do something wrong you can start again from the original one)

Save as.jpg

4. Right click on Size parameter and use command Edit Values

Edit values.jpg

5. Change SBPC (Structure Barrel Pipe Clearance). There is also another paramter SVPC (Structure Vertical Pipe Clearance) but this is calculated value as shown in the image below:

Change sbpc.jpg

6. Save everything:

Save.jpg

7. Import new part into your part list and swap all the existing structures to the new one. If you have a lot of structures, then look at some 3rd party tools which allow to swap multiple structures at the time (you do not want to swap thousands structures one by one).

8. Make backup of your modified pipe catalogue because if you install new C3D version (or reinstall), you want to be able to modify these parts in the existing drawings so you will need to link it to this catalogue, it will actually become you company pipe catalogue.

Message 8 of 12

I see I used wrong print screen under point 6, if you want save changes, then use this button:

Save.jpg

Message 9 of 12

hi Antonin        

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation given with screen short of menu windows.

Appreciate your effort which solved my issue..

Best Regards

Message 10 of 12

Great, I am happy I could help.

Regards

Antonin

Message 11 of 12

Hi

I have a new post on Structure incoming pipe labels.. can you please have a look at it..

Thank you

Message 12 of 12

How do you do step 7. Could you please provide some screenshots? Sorry I am new to this area of civil 3d.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report