Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PE fuzz factor not working

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
RobertEVs
418 Views, 8 Replies

PE fuzz factor not working

I have multiple short segment plines (contours linework converted from a PDF) that I'm trying to join into a single polyline. I tried the PE>M>Join Fuzz factor settings but nothing is working. Any ideas?

Select objects: 1 found, 2 total
Select objects:
Enter an option [Close/Open/Join/Width/Fit/Spline/Decurve/Ltype gen/Reverse/Undo]: J
Join Type = Extend
Enter fuzz distance or [Jointype] <0.00>: 3
0 segments added to polyline

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jroot
in reply to: RobertEVs

If the PL segments are touching but not joined you can just window them all with the JOIN command instead of polyedit.

Message 3 of 9
RobertEVs
in reply to: jroot

Not touching. A 0.06' gap roughly between them. Like a hidden linetype but all individual plines. This PE join fuzz distance is supposed to do just that

Message 4 of 9
Jeff_M

Can you post a dwg with a few of those plines in it?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 9
jroot

Any luck getting these joined, @RobertEVs ? I have a hunch I'm going to run into this same situation some day.

Message 6 of 9
RobertEVs
in reply to: Jeff_M

Here is a portion of the plines. Pick any of them and Fuzz Join

Message 7 of 9
RobertEVs
in reply to: jroot

Not yet

Message 8 of 9
AllenJessup

First. All of the polylines are Closed. You can't join Closed Polylines. Select all the polylines and change Closed to No in the properties palette.

Second. It looks like those are created from a PDF. So they don't really line up. Try Filleting a couple and you'll see what I mean. So once the polylines are Open. The Join command will work. But the results will be pretty ugly.

AllenJessup_1-1665689991393.png

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
RobertEVs
in reply to: AllenJessup

Closed polyline that have a 1 and a 2 vertex? Thats strange. What's closed about it then? Does it close back on top of itself? Or maybe I don't know the definition of Closed. Either way thanks for finding this out, and YES all I received was a pdf file and told to make EG and FG from contour lines. I tried my Raster Design, but it wants bitonal lines and I'm not wanting to dig that deep into doing it with RD if it's not just going to follow raster lines. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report