Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to change grade to surface contour lines.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
yse211
121 Views, 1 Reply

Need to change grade to surface contour lines.

So I used the grade to surface tool to connect to my EG at a 4:1 slope. The result are parallel contour lines that run till it mets the EG. My problem is that I dont necessarily want it to be parallel, or at least not parallel to the feature line I started from. I need it to be more wavy..  

This is how it looks now:

Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 11.52.26 PM.png

This is how I want it to look (at least not so uniform and parallel to the feature line):

Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 11.52.26 PM.png

fyi: this grading is built onto of another grading. for example i first graded (using grading tools) 8 ft @ -10% and then graded to surface using the feature line created by the grading. 

Ive been checking out grading optimization.. could that help?

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
m_kingdon
in reply to: yse211

For variable grading, I often use a corridor with several linktoslopesurface assemblies, each set at a different grade (1:3, 1:4, 1:5) etc.  I use this corridor to show me the extents of where each grade would finish.  I then draw a polyline, using the corridor as a guide and grade to this polyline for my proposed surface.  I find this the best workflow when you need some control over the grading.

Mike Kingdon
Civil 3D Zealot

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report