Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying Points of Surface

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
390 Views, 2 Replies

Modifying Points of Surface

I had a question regarding Points in C3D. I am creating a design surface and need to be able to modify point elevations easily. I created the surface using a Point Group that has labels as shown in the screenshot. When I modify that point elevation manually in the properties I notice sometimes it doesn’t bring the actual point (yellow circle) with it. I then have to open up the prospector surface, Definition-Edits, and modify point to the new elevation.  I’ve tried ensuring the label is in fact snapped to the point with node snap and it seems to be. Maybe there’s an easier way?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

On Prospector tab, right click Point Groups. Move your surface point group to the top.

In Point Group Properties for your group, on Information tab, set your point and point label styles. On the Overrides tab, turn on the override for Point Style.

Edit the Point Style, 3D Geometry tab, set Point Display Mode to Use Point Elevation.

You might need to update your point group by right-clicking it on the Prospector tab and selecting Update.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
AllenJessup
in reply to: Anonymous

I would select the points you need to edit, rt clk and select Edit Points. That will let you edit the points in the Panorama. Make sure to close the Panorama with the green check mark in the upper right hand corner and not the X in the upper left. You may need to update the Point Group before seeing the effect.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report