Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lineweight in Paperspace does not appear

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
Anonymous
1648 Views, 23 Replies

Lineweight in Paperspace does not appear

I am working with Civil 3D 2106. In the drawings that I am working on, there is a requirement for certain lines to be "bold" or have more thickness than other lines. I can make them appear bold in modelspace, but the lineweight disappears in paperspace. I have searched forums for an answer and exhausted all possibilities that I have seen. I have set the LWDISPLAY to on. I have moved the lines I need bold to their own layer and set them to a different color than all other lines. I have then changed the plot style for that color to make the lineweight greater. Still no change. Is there a setting that I am missing? For something as seemingly simple as lineweight, this is very frustrating.

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
MMcCall402
in reply to: Anonymous

How are you controlling line weight?  via color and a ctb file?  line weight set by layer?

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: MMcCall402

They are not polylines, just regular lines.

Message 4 of 24
MMcCall402

Sorry, I edited my initial response after I gave it a little more thought.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous

I have tried both methods of changing line weight that you described. I changed the lineweight of the layer as well as editing the .ctb file to change the lineweight of the color that I am using. I think it is odd that the plot style is set by the color that you use as opposed to the layer setting. Is there a way to override this?

Message 6 of 24
MMcCall402

Plotting with a ctb file with lineweights specified for colors will override a lineweight set by layer, object or civil 3d style.  The only override to that ctb is a polyline global width.

Any chance you could post a dwg?

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous

Our project is for the US Coast Guard. I am not sure if I am allowed to post the drawing.

Message 8 of 24
MMcCall402

Yea, prob best not to post it.  You wanted to send it directly to me I have a gmail box with this user name.

Any chance this line work came from an imported dgn file?  Sometimes these objects act weird.  They come with a lineweight of 0.00mm set to each object. If so, set them to bylayer.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous

Nope, I drew these lines in myself. In the properties for these lines, everything is set to "ByLayer" except for the Plot style, which is ByColor, which is gray'ed out. I am assuming that my problem is in that "ByColor" plot style. However, I thought that I fixed the problem by going into the .ctb file that I am using for my plot style and adjusting the lineweight associated with the color that I am using.

Would I be sending this drawing to MMcCall402@Anonymous.com?

Message 10 of 24
MMcCall402

yes, that is the correct address

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 11 of 24
AllenJessup

Are these boxes checked in the Plot Setup?

pllw.png

If you want to plot by layer or object lineweight with a CTB. You need to set the lineweight in the CTB to Use Object Lineweight.

lbw.PNG

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

Yes, both of those boxes are checked.

For the plot style editor, using the object lineweight was where it is set to by default, which does not reveal the lineweight in the layout.

Message 13 of 24
AllenJessup

In just the layout or the layout and the plot? If it's just the layout. Make sure this lineweights are turned on

slw.png

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous

One thing that I realize is that i currently do not have a page setup established. I have a layout, but in the "Page Setup Manager" the dialogue box tells me that the current page setup is: "<None>". When I go in to modify my layout, it does not let me change it. Is this my problem? What is the difference between the "Page Setup" and the Layout?

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

It is both the layout and the plot

Message 16 of 24
MMcCall402

In the Lineweight Settings, move the Adjust Display Scale to the middle.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous

In lineweight settings where? Not sure where you are referring to

Message 18 of 24
MMcCall402

Enter .lweight and the window will pop open.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 19 of 24
AllenJessup

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the difference between the "Page Setup" and the Layout?

The Layout is the tab. A single instance of Paperspace. The Page Setup is how the layout is setup to plot. In the image below I have one page setup by layout *11X17 BOR* (the current layout) and 2 named Page Setups.

psu1.PNG

In the next image I have applied one of the named Page Setups to the current layout using the Set Current button. Now if I modify the 11X17 TOSHIBA Page Setup. Any layout that has that Page Setup applied to it will have the page setup changed.

psu2.PNG

It's a little confusing because you can use the Page Setup Manager to modify the Page Setup of the current layout without having any named Page Setups. You can create named Page Setups by highlighting a layout you want to start with then hitting New.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 20 of 24
Anonymous

The "Adjust Display Scale" bar was in the middle by default

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report