Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer Control Width

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
neilyj666
1158 Views, 8 Replies

Layer Control Width

I like to have the Layers I and II toolbars visible as shown above but can't figure out how to make the Layer control box wider to see more of the (cumbersome?) BS1192 Layer names.

I have put the Layer control in the Quick Access toolbar and can widen it out quite bit but for some unknown reason if I access my PC from home via remote desktop the Quick access toolbar resets to defaults (which is annoying in itself)

2018-08-21 07_38_00-Autodesk Civil 3D 2019 - [Drawing2.dwg].jpgAnyone know if - 

1. It is possible to change the width of this control and
  2. Why the QAT resets itself?

Thanks

Neil

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
wfberry
in reply to: neilyj666

Neil:

Interesting you showing that dropdown in your pic, I have used the LPM "Button" just to the left for so long I forgot about that.  I just use that window to see what layer I am on.

Bill

Not much help, am I?

Message 3 of 9
neilyj666
in reply to: wfberry

LOL....it is also useful to move geometry to the correct layer as my default is Layer 0 - not that I EVER draw anything on the wrong layer

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

I, too, put my layer box on my QAT. However, the location shown in your image is not the location of my QAT. You may have moved yours, or maybe it's a different version of C3D (I'm on 2015, but location remains true through 2018).

First I type "CUI" at the command line to open the customize user interface dialog, then I navigate to the Quick Access Toolbar drop-down menu. I think you have to add this Layer List Combo Box to the QAT through this dialog as well. Once that's done, you can adjust the min./max. width as shown on the right on my image.

Message 5 of 9
neilyj666
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I, too, put my layer box on my QAT. However, the location shown in your image is not the location of my QAT. You may have moved yours, or maybe it's a different version of C3D (I'm on 2015, but location remains true through 2018).

First I type "CUI" at the command line to open the customize user interface dialog, then I navigate to the Quick Access Toolbar drop-down menu. I think you have to add this Layer List Combo Box to the QAT through this dialog as well. Once that's done, you can adjust the min./max. width as shown on the right on my image.

This is not the location of my QAT either - it is the Layers and Layers II toolbar docked below the drawing tabs with the Explode and Measure Distance tools added.

As I said in my original post, the Layer Control gets removed (as do all the other tools I added) from the QAT when accessed via remote desktop and the Control in the Layers toolbar isn't wide enough. The version I had in the QAT was set to a width of 500

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
AllenJessup

QuikPik from Manusoft will do it. Still cost the same as I paid in 1999 and I still get updates. You can't beat that.

QuikPik.pngqpa.PNG

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
neilyj666
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thanks for this Allen - it certainly solves the width issue although I had hoped the Layer control could be resized without 3rd party add ons - seems a little odd if it can't be.

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
AllenJessup

Neil,

It probably can be. If you know as much as the person who wrote the add-on. There's probably a DLL or registry entry that affects this. But if I've spent more that a half hour on trying to figure it out. I've spent more on my time than the program costs.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
neilyj666
in reply to: AllenJessup

Yes very frustrating that the setting is not immediatley apparent.

I'm going to try setting the QAT below the ribbon and to see if it behaves

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report