Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Style Composer not applying changes to text or point style

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mkellerLYKJZ
200 Views, 2 Replies

Label Style Composer not applying changes to text or point style

Good day everyone. I am using Autodesk Civil 3D 2020. I had recently collected a set number of elevations from field work. I used Microsoft Excel to create the data sheet to be able to import the data set into Civil 3D. I have existing topo maps of the site I collected the elevations from, but I imported the elevations to its own separate sheet. I edited the point size, the label text syle, and the color of both on that separate sheet, but as I go to copy and paste the set of data points to the existing topo maps the settings erase themselves and the data points get pasted in the same fashion as they appeared as when I initially imported the points. When I go to change the text height, point style, etc, in the Label Style Composer, it will let me adjust the previosuly mentioned settings in the editor and let me apply, but the changed will not take effect on the actual points on the topo. Does anyone know why this might be happening? Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

@mkellerLYKJZ wrote

<<I used Microsoft Excel to create the data sheet to be able to import the data set into Civil 3D.>>

It sounds like a Point Style issue—you’re customized Point Style must have a unique name. It looks like you are modifying an OOTB point style without renaming it, so once it has been modified and pasted, your customizations are lost and do not replace the OOTB default values.  

1. In the field drawing, you import the points which were collected in the field, what’s the name of the Point Style?
  2. When you paste those field  points into the ‘existing topo map’ drawing, what’s the name of the point style after the points have been pasted? 

Instead of cut-and-pasting the field collected points, create your new point style in the ‘existing topo maps’ drawing then add the points directly to that drawing. You can then perform a Save As on this drawing so you won’t over write the original topo map. 

Chicagolooper
Message 3 of 3
Pointdump
in reply to: mkellerLYKJZ

Hi @mkellerLYKJZ,
Welcome to the Autodesk Forums.
"...collected...elevations from field work."
What did you start with, a text file?
"...used Microsoft Excel to create the data sheet..."
What's a data sheet?
"...imported the elevations to its own separate sheet."
You mean a separate drawing? That's really not necessary. You can separate points by using Point Groups.
"...copy and paste the set of data points to the existing topo maps..."
You lost me here. What did you do?
Screen shots would help to understand the problem. Posting data and drawings would be even better. (Zip everything together)
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report