Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Civil 3D as AutoCAD 2020/2021 on startup slow/stuck at Regenerating model

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
tom.holmgrenKBCJU
662 Views, 7 Replies

Issues with Civil 3D as AutoCAD 2020/2021 on startup slow/stuck at Regenerating model

Hello!
We have just started noticing that we are experiencing really slow startup on our computers when starting Civil 3D As AutoCAD 2020 and 2021. When opening it stands at "Regenerating model" for almost 2 minutes until it suddenly just continues.
This has happened with the latest 2020.6 service pack and 2021.3 service pack. If we uninstall the latest service packs and try to start Civil 3D As AutoCAD it doesn't get stuck at regenerating model.

Is this a new bug or something that you are aware of?

Kind regards Tom

Labels (4)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: tom.holmgrenKBCJU

>>>.... If we uninstall the latest service packs and try to start Civil 3D As AutoCAD it doesn't get stuck at regenerating model...<<<
You answered your own question: start a support ticket through your account here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/support-options#:~....

Message 3 of 8
Kyle-L
in reply to: tom.holmgrenKBCJU

Some of us are experiencing problems with 2021.3

You can look at this post for more info: 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-forum/crash-with-no-error-dialog-after-c3d-2021-3-update/m-p...

Message 4 of 8
tom.holmgrenKBCJU
in reply to: Kyle-L

Yeah, we reverted our users to an earlier servicepack until they hopefully release a hotfix or a new servicepack.

Message 5 of 8

We are still having issues with this. And also started appearing in 2022 with the same problem.. 

Message 6 of 8

I am currently running 2022 without any updates and it has been working fine but I am scared that the slow down will happen if I update it to the latest patch.

May I ask what version of 2022 you have installed? Did you fully update it and did it start slowing down after a particular update?

Message 7 of 8

With no updates or servicepacks everything works fine.

The issue starts appearing after the first service pack 2022.1 and still remains after 2022.1.2...

Message 8 of 8

That's disappointing. I guess I will not be updating for a while.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report