Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing updates for 2019 thru Desktop app

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sfore
362 Views, 4 Replies

Installing updates for 2019 thru Desktop app

Is it necessary to disable Virus check before installing all the updates for 2019 AEC Collection, specifically the Civil 3D 2019 update?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: sfore

It is recommended from Autodesk to disable virus protection and the UAC.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 5
sfore
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

I did turn UAC to never notify and disabled virus check for the AEC Collection Installation of all the programs, but I'm referring to the Hotfixes and updates. I just didn't know if it was recommended to disable the virus check for the Hotfix and Service Pack updates. Please advise.

Message 4 of 5
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: sfore

That is what I was answering. However, I don't disable mine because I can't Smiley Indifferent, IT doesn't allow it. I haven't had any issues so far.

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 5
sfore
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Ok, thanks. I've never disabled virus check or turned UAC off for any Hotfix or Service Pack installation in the past. As a matter of fact, the first time I've ever heard of that was with Civil 3D 2016 (Infrastructure Suite) and I had to learn the hard way.

Back then UAC was on, and it blocked a bunch of files from properly installing and I had all sorts of issues with Toolbox reports and xml....couldn't run any reports and file structures were whacked and/or missing or in wrong locations. Had to do a clean uninstall and clean install of 2016 suite.

Yesterday, for the 2019 installation, I turned UAC to never notify and disabled virus check and everything seemed to install great. I enabled the virus check after installation was complete. I was just leery and curious if I should follow same protocol for Hotfixes and Service Packs. Thanks for your responses

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report