Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Image

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jan.hunt
6888 Views, 4 Replies

Insert Image

I just installed the new version of Civil 3D (2019).

Went to insert a .jpg just so that I could underlay it for reference and I can't do anything with it.  Can't scale, can't rotate, can't move.  I searched the forums and have made sure imageframes are on and all the rest.  I can select the image, but when I go to move it or peform any other command, it just flips out of the command.  Help please!  Thanks.

Jan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cwr-pae
in reply to: jan.hunt

Have you tried initiating the command and then selecting the image? Also check pickfirst variable, if its not set to 1 you have to start command before selecting objects.

Message 3 of 5
TerryDotson

Are you sure it's an IMAGE object?  Sounds more like an OLE object behavior.  Issue the LIST command to check it (or select it and look in the top of the PROPS dialog), and always avoid OLE !!!

Message 4 of 5
ChicagoLooper

There are many ways to attach an image. One of the easiest ways is to use the ATTACH command which will attach png, bmp, jpeg, tif, dgn, dwg, pdf and more. Also make sure your image layer isn't locked. If it is, you'll have issues.

ATTACH command from Insert Tab.ATTACH command from Insert Tab. 

Chicagolooper
Message 5 of 5
jan.hunt

It's not an OLE and I inserted it using the attach image command.  All variables are set properly.  As it turns out, I shut down Civil 3D, reopened and reinserted and it worked.  Must have been a glitch.  Thanks for all the responses.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report