Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export pipe network from civil 3D To Revit 2019

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
patricia.marino_ENG
1521 Views, 6 Replies

How to export pipe network from civil 3D To Revit 2019

Good morning! I'm trying to use a pipe network from civil 3D in Revit 2019.  I tried to export to IFC, but the options don't include the pipe networks. My goal is to transfer all the network data from the civil to the Revit. I found a PDF where describes a process to do just that, but I don't have the "EPN" command in my civil 3D, and I don't know how to make it work. 

Does anyone know where can I find the "InstallPipeNetworks.exe"(see attached image)? Or there is another way to do it with civil and revit 2019?

Thanks!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi there, if you were planning on IFC there are just a few more one simple steps you need before export, you just need to orbit or switch to 3d view in C3D model space, then enter command CONVERTTO3DSOLIDS and select you whole pipe network or parts you want, then IFC export will capture the pipenetwork. Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your reply! I tried CONVERTTO3DSOLIDS, and then export in DWG,DXF, and IFC. The IFC is empty, and the DWG & DXF don't include de pipes, just the structures. Revit give me an error when I try to import (attached). I don't think there is a way to maintain all the attributes from civil in Revit, at least until 2019 version. Thanks anyway!

Message 4 of 7

Hmm, interesting. Did the command create 3d solids for you in C3D? Yeah currently the attribute data doesn't really come through for IFC.

Message 5 of 7

Hello, did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same issue on a project of mine .

Thank you.

Message 6 of 7

Hi! We did it with dynamo. We exported the start and end points for each pipe from civil's network, and use them to place the pipes in Revit. Same with the structures,using the RIM x,y,z to place them into Revit. 

This is just for placing pipes correctly, but it doesn't bringh the network information.I hope this helps! 

Message 7 of 7

Hi! That's very helpful because you are one of the first people to offer a solution haha. Unfortunately, I am not the revit user and they won't be doing that legwork, but it is good to know for other projects. Thank you for the reply :)!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report