Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gravity Branches Not Assuming Slope of Pipe Or Showing Connection

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
nkg2
244 Views, 1 Reply

Gravity Branches Not Assuming Slope of Pipe Or Showing Connection

Attached is a plan and profile view of a gravity network that I have laid out.  Given that this such a small network, I really don't need to put a structure at each service connection.  So in the top view I have a service connection "tee-ing" into the gravity main (no Civil3d doesn't come with gravity sweeps or cleanouts or it would be fabulous).  So it shows a connection.  Jump down below it and you can see where the pipe comes to the gravity main but it does not show it connected.  So I then went into isometric view and what I don't understand is why it makes the connection it does.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks - N3-D View of the Service Connections3-D View of the Service ConnectionsPlan and Profile ViewPlan and Profile View

***Viewer/Reader Discretion is Advised***
Autodesk 2022- Architectural, Engineering and Construction Subscription & Infraworks
Windows 10 Professional, x64, Microsoft Surface Pro 3
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nkg2
in reply to: nkg2

Profile View of ConnectionProfile View of ConnectionSE Isometric 2D Wireframe of Same ConnectionSE Isometric 2D Wireframe of Same Connection

Thanks to Michael Hurtado of Autodesk, this issue was resolved but not in an automatic sense.  In order to show like a service connection to a main pipeline, especially when pipes have different slopes and elevations, Civil3d does not have a hierarchy in terms of applying the rules.  When you make a new connection, unless specified, a null structure is created at the junction of the main you are tying into.  That connecting pipe applies the same rules to all pipes but does not assume the connection point.  So the null structure on the main will grow/extend to meet the service connection pipe.  To fix the issue, you have to manually adjust the connection pipe to the the end point of the main at the null structure.  So to do this, I clicked on the connecting pipe and one of the pipes connected to the null structure.  I then grab the end point of the connection point and dragged it to the end point of the pipe on the main at the null structure.  This fixed the void on the profile view as well.  You will need to go into 3d model space to make sure you are grabbing the right end points.  Hope this helps.  

***Viewer/Reader Discretion is Advised***
Autodesk 2022- Architectural, Engineering and Construction Subscription & Infraworks
Windows 10 Professional, x64, Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report