Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading Creation Tools

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dquintanaEDSPG
963 Views, 2 Replies

Grading Creation Tools

I am not understanding something...

I created the outline of my pond using a feature line.  I then used the grading creation tool to tie to existing at a 4:1.  To generate contours I added my original feature line and the outline generated by the grading creation tool to my surface.  When I build my surface I receive a ton of errors.  Stating that there is crossings or duplicate information in my surface.  To avoid errors I have added the tool to the surface, exploded the tool, created feature line from object, assigned the elevations from the surface and then deleted the tool.  That did not work either, I still received the same errors.  The errors in my surface come from the tool.  How do I get the 4:1 contours that I want from the tool without the errors?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi-

If you have a grading object and/or group created, create a surface from your Grading Group.  Simply select your grading and right click and click Grading Group Properties.  There you tell C3D you want a surface built from the Grading objects in your group.  Please see below:

GIF9112345-222dd.gifI hope this helps. 

Michael M. Carlson
Senior Civil Designer
CADD Manager
AutoCAD Civil 3D Professional
AutoCAD Professional

Message 3 of 3
ChrisRS
in reply to: Mike.M.Carlson

@Mike.M.Carlson, what are you using to make your screen captures?

Christopher Stevens
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report