Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geolocation Issue For Australia

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jackABJNL
210 Views, 7 Replies

Geolocation Issue For Australia

Hi all, I'm having an issue finding correct GIS Coordinate system to use.

I've attached the system that it was surveyed in but I've gone through the list and tried Mutiple different systems and none seem to align correctly

ive attached the survey to show how it should look but cant get Civil 3d to match

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jackABJNL
in reply to: jackABJNL

Civil 3D mapCivil 3D map

Message 3 of 8

You need to set your pin point and the location to the correct coordinates.

If you set the drawing coordinates to Map Grid of Australia Zone 55, GDA2020 (7Parameter) your cogo points will show the correct latitudes and longitudes. You can then use the Lat/Long from one of your cogo points to set the pin for the map, then use the same cogo point as the location to set the map.

If you are not sure how to do this, let me know.

The attached image is based using the Lat/Long from point 17 of -35.8609611,145.7923138 as the pin location and the location of the map as easting of 390960.840 and northing of 6030799.569 as taken from cogo point 17. This seems ok based on the google maps image of the area.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 4 of 8
Pointdump

Hi Jack,
If your data is in EPSG:7855 GDA2020/MGA zone55, why is your drawing in GDA94.VictoriaGrid?
Note that MAPCSLIBRARY carries 2 definitions of EPSG:7855, both are datum transformations to 2020, by 7 Parameter and by Conformal Grid. There's no difference I can see between the 2.
If your points are not landing in the right spot, confirm the coordinate system with your data provider.
Dave

AusPts_7855.png

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 8
jackABJNL

Thankyou both, 

If you use point 2 as the reference it still does not match correctly but maybe the point is simply too far away.

I used that point as it is a known point put in and approved by the Australian government, so it is what the GPS was localized off, however if I use a closer point like you both have it does match up correctly but then puts the point 2 off it correct spot.

Message 6 of 8
teerawat.pSCHYQ

your coordinate survey used mention GDA2020/MGA zone 555 

teerawatpSCHYQ_0-1724663608330.png

then your cad file should be selected correct coordinates system like this. 

teerawatpSCHYQ_1-1724663663791.png

Message 7 of 8
jackABJNL

I've caused some confusion due to my error with uploading a document with Vic grid activated however, if I change it to the correct Coordinate system the error is still there between most of the points to the south and from the point number 2 at the far north  

Message 8 of 8
teerawat.pSCHYQ

what kind of error that you mention still there?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report