Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract Point Label Style as a Block

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Keta-Salmon
747 Views, 2 Replies

Extract Point Label Style as a Block

I have a point label style that is the point number within an ellipse. I would like to be able to extract or convert all the points to blocks. The problem I have is that I am exploding the point/ellipse which makes the point number vanish. Is there a way to extract or convert to a block and keep the number without having to manually enter it after exploding? Thank You

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: Keta-Salmon

This can be done easily with LISP, if you define the block and its attributes ahead of time. Then it's just a matter of the routine reading a point and filling its values into attributes as the block is inserted. Send me a drawing, with the block already created, and I will write you a routine. I should have an extra ten minutes later today. 😉

Either post here or send directly to me: support at deltaengineeringsystems dot com.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Keta-Salmon

The only options I can think of are either:

1 - Export the drawing to CAD which will turn all points to CAD objects which displays the marker as a block and any labels to MTEXT objects.

2 - On the HOME tab, click on POINTS (on Create Ground Data tile), then select "Create Blocks from COGO Points". This creates a block at each selected cogo point with attributes for Point Number, Elevation and description with a point object at the insertion point (not your point marker style). You could then just edit the block to show your preferred marker rather than just a point. I don't actually use this command but I think there is an option to use an existing block so don't know if you can set up a block template and then use that when creating blocks from the COGO points.

Regards,

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report