Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expressions in Band Labels

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
453 Views, 4 Replies

Expressions in Band Labels

Hello!

Is it possible to perform addition/subtraction on built-in band labels (f.x. Profile1 Level and Profile2 Level) by editing the formula in text component editor or create some kind of expressions as it can be done with points? What I would like to have is kind of dynamical offset for profile levels. Unfortunately, I have no ideas how to do that, except by offsetting the profile. The problem is, the offsets, obviously, are not dynamic, so if I change the profile, I have to re-create offsets.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You can do a subtraction 1-2 or 2-1 right from the properties but I don't think you can add (I can't see why you would anyway).
Andy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I don' t need to add Profile1 Level and Profile2 level. Basically I need to subtract a constant value from Profile Level to get the hight of a gutter channel bottom and things like that.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I suppose if I read your subject I would have answered the question. Sorry about that. I myself have tried to use expressions in a similar fashion without any luck. It appears that you can only make expressions for individual profile labels but not for bands. Maybe someone else has had some luck with this.

Andy
Message 5 of 5
r_griffith

Was looking for this in 2021. Unfortunately expressions for band labels are still not possible. I don't know why, should be simple to implement i'd guess...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report