Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Diameter of Circle in Polar Array

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
garyZ8EE3
1855 Views, 2 Replies

Edit Diameter of Circle in Polar Array

Is there a way to edit the diameter of the circles after creating a polar array. I can edit the diameter of the bolt circle, the number of circles and angle, but I see no option to edit the diameter of the source circle.

Thank you

I am currently using Civil 3D 2015

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MMcCall402
in reply to: garyZ8EE3

Select the array and the ribbon will change to show you all the tools available for editing.  The fourth button from the right is "Edit Source". Press the button then select the item in the array. This will allow access to editing the circle used as the source object for the array.  Use the  'save changes'  button when you're done editing.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 3 of 3

If I understand the command usage correctly, to change the entities in the array, a new object can be drawn that will replace the existing ones you want to change.

Draw one entity in a blank space near the array that will replace one or more existing entities e.g. a circle with a different diameter, a new block, etc.).

Use “source” within the command. The “source” is the new object that was just created. Select the new entity.

AutoCAD prompts for base point of the “source” (center of circle, insertion point of the block, etc.).

After the “source” is defined, AutoCAD prompts for the items to be replaced.

Click on each item individually and the existing items are replaced by the “source”.

Hoping that is helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report