Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dwgunits of same DWG differ between machines

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Goran_Kingkong
247 Views, 6 Replies

dwgunits of same DWG differ between machines

This problem occurs in DWGs from some providers and dwgs from third party software. Contents of these dwgs is always meter and the defined dwgunits is wrongfully set to other unit. I always need to open the dwgs and correct the units settings to meter (without scaling, because the content is already in meter)

Whats weird is that the dwgunits differ on different machines. On my machine its feet while for my colleague its in inches when opening the same dwg. Its the same with the insertion scale, it differs on our machines when opening the same dwg. 

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Pointdump
in reply to: Goran_Kingkong

Hi Göran,
How are you opening the drawings? What are your "Insertion Units" set to?
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 7
Goran_Kingkong
in reply to: Pointdump

We recieve the drawing, put it on the server, then ordinary open drawing within autocad. Same DWG opened from the same source have different insertions units and dwgunits between machines. 

Message 4 of 7
rl_jackson

This sounds highly suspicious. Can you provide some screen shots of this?

C3D Units are set in the by AECDWGUNITS or the selecting the name and right-click Edit Drawing Units.

You say AUTOCAD, so are you running just that and not C3D. Could you have a lisp routine that is setting the units differently on the PC's?

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
MMcCall402

Does it happen with any other drawing?

I'm wondering if there may be a AcadDoc.lsp that's being run on one machine and not the other.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 6 of 7
Goran_Kingkong
in reply to: rl_jackson

I use C3D and my colleague use Map 3d. I did not add any custom lisp that run automaticly, that i know about. 

This happens only to drawings that i recieve from a sertain provider and also every drawing that comes from Global Mapper. 

This screenshot is from my machine. When my colleague open the same drawing its set to 1 (inches)

Goran_Kingkong_0-1717424638486.png

Message 7 of 7
Goran_Kingkong
in reply to: MMcCall402

I can not see any AcadDoc.lsp in the "Loaded applications".

However there are two applications "units.arx" and "units.crx" in the list. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report