Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dragging multiple labels at once

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
Vcad_design
5135 Views, 20 Replies

Dragging multiple labels at once

Hi there,

I have about 5000 labels (labelling is connected to cogo points ) which need to be dragged out to an offset to show the leader line extension. Right now I am just shift selecting grips to get multiple 'hot grips' and stretching out the labels to a desired offset.

Is there a quick way to select multiple hot grips or stretch out all of these labels to a specified offset? (labels created with Civil 3D)

Thank you,

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
Jeff_M
in reply to: Vcad_design

This could be programmed using the .NET API for Civil3D.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 21
Vcad_design
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hi, thank you, i figured as much. Unfortunately I don't know how to write or use vb.net. All I know is to type in NETLOAD in acad and it will load a .dll file. I'm trying to get hold of a .dll file that would do this, any ideas?

Message 4 of 21

Here you go. CAREFUL to select only cogo points. I put minimal error trapping in it (sorry it's late)

Code here: http://www.pro-cad.net/points/pntmove.html

Download dll here: http://www.pro-cad.net/points/pntmove.zip

pntmove.gif

"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
Message 5 of 21

@brianchapmandesign

Yes! Thank you! That looks like exactly what I want it to do :). Please excuse my ineptness for the following.... when i used the command Netload and loaded the move points file, the command worked on my dwg as MOVEPOINTS not PNTMOVE and it doesn't seem to function the same as your video? It just asks me for a base point and a distance then it moves the whole cogo point (not the label)

am I loading it incorrectly?

Thank you so much for your help! I am going to embark on learning Visual Basics for beginners, it looks like it could save me so much time.

Message 6 of 21
TerryDotson

Assuming the DLL was created from the source code posted, the command for that will be MovePNTLabel.

Thanks for posting your issue.  We've added a displacement method, improving our tool.

Message 7 of 21

Please see the 'Capture.PNG' i've attached to my message, it says it Cannot load assembly. Should I be placing the .dll file in a certain spot in my acad directory? Does it need a file structure to reference? All I did was Netload and found the .dll file, but it won't load for me. I've attached the error message below:

Command: NETLOAD
Cannot load assembly. Error details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\Valerie\Desktop\01223 Mississippi\MovePoints\MovePoints.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
File name: 'file:///C:\Users\Valerie\Desktop\01223 Mississippi\MovePoints\MovePoints.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.ExtensionLoader.Load(String fileName)
at loadmgd()

Message 8 of 21
Vcad_design
in reply to: TerryDotson

@TerryDotson

I see that you modified the .dll plug in. is there a way I could download your modified tool? or @brianchapmandesign is this an easy fix you could edit in the previous .dll file? I finally got the .dll to load. I had to make security changes to load .net files from a remote source.

I love this command: PNTMOVE.  >>> BIG Thanks to @brianchapmandesign!!! I just need it to function in the x direction as well as the y direction

- it looks like you modified the command to include both directions? I have labels that are skewed in both the y and x directions so offsetting strictly in one direction doesn't achieve the full effect. (see attached image)

Thank you,

Message 9 of 21
TerryDotson

... I see that you modified the .dll plug in ...

No, I glanced at the link area51 posted so I could tell you the command name.

We have our own code from over three months ago (Apr 14, 2015) that modifies the leader location.  After seeing your problem we added a new displacement option to it.  You are welcome to evaluate the Gizmo3D package.

Message 10 of 21
Vcad_design

Yes, that would be great, where must I go to evaluate/download it?

Message 11 of 21
TerryDotson

Click on the Gizmo3D link above, scroll through the functionality and follow the link at the bottom of the page.

Message 12 of 21

Link updated. You'll need to download it again.  Untested but should work.  Be sure to delete the old one and apply the same security measures you did with the last.

Glad it helped ya 🙂

Message 13 of 21

You are awesome @brianchapmandesign! Expert coder, can't wait to get to that level!

Many thanks

Message 14 of 21

@brianchapmandesign wrote:

Here you go. CAREFUL to select only cogo points. I put minimal error trapping in it (sorry it's late)

Code here: http://www.pro-cad.net/points/pntmove.html

Download dll here: http://www.pro-cad.net/points/pntmove.zip

pntmove.gif

structure labels?

Message 15 of 21
marlance

How can I download the tool?

Message 16 of 21

Hello the links to the dll and the code are no longer available can you please repost?

Thank you

Message 17 of 21

Sorry all... new file here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18v6s4ELGulD4skdRlWbmr3nK3i18g1De

Please note this is for 2018. 

Message 18 of 21

Hi,

can u update the link or just post the code somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: brianchapmandesign

Hey there.

Can you repost?

Drive link is no longer valid.

Message 20 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Bump

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report