Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAYLIGHT OVERLAPPING IN ZIGZAG ROAD PLEASE HELP.....

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
imran_tamrahi
541 Views, 4 Replies

DAYLIGHT OVERLAPPING IN ZIGZAG ROAD PLEASE HELP.....

HELLO DEAR ALL

FIRST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL AUTODESK FORUM USERS FOR THERE GREAT EFFORT TO HELP OUT PEOPLES LIKE ME WHO ARE NEW TO CIVIL 3D. NOW I COME TO THE POINT.

I AM FACING ISSUES IN ZIGZAG ROAD DAYLIGHT AS ATTACHED PICTURE.

DAYLIGHT OVERLAPS ON SAMPLE LINES IN EAGLE POINT IT DOES NOT MATTER BUT IN THIS SOFTWEAR ITS A MAJOR ISSUE YOU CAN SAY BLUNDER IN EARTHWORK. PLEASE HELP ME OUT TO SOLVE THIS PROBLUM. I ALSO WANT TO MAINTAIN MY DAYLIGHT BENCHING IN THIS OVERLAP PORTION.

THANKS

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

This is a common issue, referred to by the community as a "bow tie". The issue is the projection to the left of the alignment is larger than the radius that you have on the alingnment - thus this design really does not work.

A couple of solutions would be to

1. Steepen the slope in this area to allow for the projection to be a shorter horizontal distance
  2. Increase the radius size on the curve to something larger than the projection that is occuring.

Steve Hill
Civil Designer / .NET Developer
AutoCAD Certified Professional
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
http://redtransitconsultants.com/
Autodesk Exchange Store
Twitter | LinkedIn

Please select the Accept this solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 3 of 5
mathewkol
in reply to: imran_tamrahi

If it was a simple slope you could remove the daylight subassembly and do the daylight with heading objects. If you're benching, this is more difficult.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 5

actualy sir this design is implemented at site. Contractor excavated half of workdone on this design there is no way to main my deisgn as it is

in eagle point toe in overlapped but in sections of eagle point it does not reflect but in civil 3d this problum occurs that it overlap in section view

how can adjust the design.

Message 5 of 5
sboon
in reply to: imran_tamrahi

The cyan line in your sections is the corridor surface.  The jagged area would be where the different corridor sections are crossing over each other.  Change your surface style to show TIN lines in plan, and you'll see the problem more clearly.

OVER LAPPING ISSUE.png

If you're already in construction, and you have to fix this you basically have three choices - either a miter, chamfer or fillet in the area between the two white lines.  There are advantages and disadvantages to each - you need to consider the cost of extra excavation, reduced width of benches etc.

You will have to create a surface within the area, using featurelines or grading and then paste it into your design.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report