Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Reference Synchronization Upon Saving

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
zturek5267
599 Views, 3 Replies

Data Reference Synchronization Upon Saving

Hello everyone,

This is my Hello World post - been a longtime lurker and learned alot from everyone, but recently I'm experiencing an issue I have yet to find a solution or answers to, other than another post from a user experiencing the same thing.

In Civil 3D 2020.3, there seems to have been an update which causes data references to synchronize EVERY TIME a drawing is saved. Even if there are no data references in the drawing, if an XREF has any data ref's, it will synchronize. This ordinarily is not a huge issue, but with larger projects it can take upwards of 5 full minutes to complete. Needless to say, this is an efficiency killer.

We've purged, audited, cleared regapps, everything we could think of in every file to try to mitigate the issue but it's not a huge help. It still takes forever and is extremely frustrating. I want DREF's to sync when opening a drawing, or when I tell them to.

Autodesk needs to address this. I know my team is not the only ones experiencing unnecessary headaches because of this "feature".

Is there any way around this that doesn't involve disconnecting from the network, or are we stuck with dealing with it until enough people complain that Autodesk considers addressing it?

Thanks. Sorry for the rant.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Bidomi
in reply to: zturek5267

Same problem. Have you found a solution?

Message 3 of 4
jefflambert9091
in reply to: Bidomi

I am in 2018 but have you tried setting “shortcutnode” to 0? May be a temp fix. If you have Datashortcuts in your dwg and set it to 0 it will still scan when opening. Maybe it wont on closing.

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
Message 4 of 4
Bidomi
in reply to: jefflambert9091

Today I resolved the issue by installing updates for Autodesk Civil 3D 2020.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report