Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Sub Assembly elevation Target not working

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
wfellhoelter
1057 Views, 7 Replies

Custom Sub Assembly elevation Target not working

Hey Everybody,

I am pretty new to the Subassembly Composer and have already run into an issue.

I created a basic retaining wall assembly and made some targets for the Top of wall elevation and top of foundation elevations along with an IF statement for foundation width based on wall height

(creation of subassembly based on this lesson https://www.autodesk.com/autodesk-university/class/Retaining-Walls-AutoCAD-Civil-3D-Made-Easy-2015#d...)

then I imported the subassembly and i drafted both top of wall profile and top of foundation profile(both of them stepped), created the corridor and set my targets.

But my wall does not actually follow either of my targets, instead it just defaults to the original values instead of following my targets.

any ideas? did i code my assembly wrong somehow?

see attached files

both SAC and C3D are both 2013

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
wfellhoelter
in reply to: wfellhoelter

sorry, wrong file

forgot to hit save before i attached the file

Message 3 of 8
KMercier_C3D

Can you attach the .pkt file that you made also? You will need to either ZIP the file first, or just change the .pkt to .zip as you can't attach a pkt file here. 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 4 of 8
gleonhardt

Hello,

to check this, the PKT is necessary. Please post the PKT file.

Thanks

Gerald

Message 5 of 8
wfellhoelter
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

so thats why the .pkt didnt attach

here you go

Message 6 of 8
gleonhardt

Hello,

I have testet with version 2019.

Top of the wall works fine.

Fundatation does not work - all time the same height.

I'm not sure, what happens in version 2013.

Have you an other version of Civil 3D to try?

Gerald

Message 7 of 8
wfellhoelter
in reply to: gleonhardt

Take a look at the attached capture, my 2013 is following the main CL alignment but it looks like it makes an attempt to follow the profiles but gives up later on, I am just about to run a  test to see if the profiles being stepped is the issue here...

And no, unfortunately corporate has been dragging their feet about upgrading as they are afraid of the increase in cost so I only have 2013 available...

Message 8 of 8
wfellhoelter

OK

it took a lot of tinkering but i think i fixed it by tricking C3D.  see below for the steps i did to fix it.

1. made the wall its own corridor, following the surface created by following the top of the proposed walkway.
  2. changed the top of wall profile and top of footing profile so it isn't truly stepped with vertical gaps to having vertical lines at high grades, forcing the profiles to be continuous
  3. I also turned the frequency to every foot to make sure it was visible in object viewer.

Basically C3D didn't want to do what it was told and i had to go about a roundabout way to make it do what it was supposed to

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report