Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curve label style

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
888 Views, 4 Replies

Curve label style

when using label style composer with text on a curve as soon as you add a parentheses the jump up to the bottom of the text instead of staying in the middle.  When the text is set to allow curve text to false the parentheses go back to the middle where they belong.

need a fix bad

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Ed, Weclome to the forums!

Placing Text along an arc does some strange things, the parenthesis issue is one of them. You can work around this by creating 2 additional text components, one for each of the parens. Set those to NOT be curved, then attach each to the sleft & right sides of the arc text component.

2-10-2017 7-15-09 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks for the quick response Jeff_m. 

I should have mention i'm new at this way of label things civil 3d 2017

my label style composer only has name, visibility, used in, anchor component and anchor point and in the anchor component there is no text.1

you mention creating two extra text components  and then attach them to the curve text

i tried that with component 2, didn't work i'am missing something

still confused

ed  

Message 4 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

Ed, the Text.1 is the first label component, it could be your radius, delta, length, whatever. I chose to edit a Parcel curve label, which is why there is the extra option of Span outside segments.

Edit, I'm attaching a dwg with a General Curve Label style setup as I described which should help.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thank you Jeff_m

i'am a happy happy camper now

Ed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report