Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create "table" of points with hyperlinks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
LucasHicks
340 Views, 7 Replies

Create "table" of points with hyperlinks

I've started to link pics in the field with certain shots taken.  After I download the data I link the shots with the points.  But the only way to know which points have the links is the little arrow that shows up when hovering over the point or seeing the ctrl+click to follow link.

Is there a way to list the points that have a hyperlink attached?  Other than creating a point group with just these points and creating a table from that.  Ideally I'd have a table off to the side of the topo with a list of the points and be able to click them to go to the field pics or go to that point in the drawing then click the link.  Something like that anyway.  This is sort of a WIP that I've been slowing trying to accomplish.

OpenRoads Designer, Civil 3D
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tcorey
in reply to: LucasHicks

Save the attachment, change the extension to .lsp. From within Civil 3d, use Appload to load it.

To run the routine, type des_PointswithHyperlinks.

This will tell you which points have hyperlinks by prompting to the screen: "\nPoint number ###  has hyperlink(s)"

I can easily change the formatting so it makes a text file with the list of point numbers.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 8
tcorey

Save the attachment, change the extension to .lsp. From within Civil 3d, use Appload to load it.

To run the routine, type des_PointswithHyperlinks.

This will tell you which points have hyperlinks by prompting to the screen: "\nPoint number ###  has hyperlink(s)"

I can easily 

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 4 of 8
cwr-pae

Maybe this UTILITY will get you the end results you are looking for from a different route. I don't know how well it functions, I can't get the bosses to spring for it yet. Sure wish some one would use it and post how well it works here. Hint, Hint. 😊

Message 5 of 8
cwr-pae
in reply to: cwr-pae

Forgot to add ...

I did something similar recently, for a photographic survey of a county wide drainage system. The photos, up to 5 each,  names were linked to the points by the survey dept./equip (not sure how that works) in a text file. I used an excel formula to create hyper links from the name between the point number and photos. I had to rush to get the engineer's idea of a book to the client, so never got the chances to see if I could import the excel file as C3D cogopoints with the links and possibly a table containing the hyperlinks. Possibly use a UDP with yes/no to indicate a photo was availble.

Message 6 of 8
LucasHicks
in reply to: tcorey

Yes the lsp works.  Just need a way to do a chart of to the side when the surveyor reviews the data.

Message 7 of 8
tcorey

Rename the attachment to .lsp. After Appload, type DES_PtswithHyperLinksToText.

It will ask for a placement point, then will write a column of Point numbers as simple text objects. Your current text style needs to have a text height of 0. In the routine, my programming doesn't check for that, so you get to. 🙂

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 8 of 8
LucasHicks
in reply to: tcorey

I must be doing something wrong.  It just starts and empty mtest box.  

Attached is the file with points with hyperlinks to test.  The links won't work but it's a test.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report