Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Design Panel

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4650 Views, 5 Replies

Create Design Panel

I recently got Autodesk 3D Civil 2016 installed on my computer.

I am going through the Tutorials.

Exercise 1: Finding Tools, section "Explore the Ribbon" says:

1. On the Home tab, on the Create Design panel, click the bar at the bottom of the panel.

The panel expands to display additional tools. If is displayed in the bottom bar of a ribbon panel, then additional tools are available.

2. Click the Modify and Analyze tabs.

I am trying to follow the above instructions, but under the Home tab I can't find any "Create Design" panel. Also, I cannot find an "Analysis" panel. See the attached file for a view of the Ribbon I am seeing while in the Home Tab.

Please let me know what I am missing.

Thank you 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

It appears that you started plain AutoCAD, not Civil 3D.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 6
Jeew-m

Hi stefano.chioettoDPFT3,

I think if the application menu browser icon (The big 'A' at top left) appears red when it is Auto CAD. For Civil 3D it should be blue.

May be you have started the software with the wrong desktop shortcut. 

You have to start the software with Civil 3D 2016 metric or Civil 3D 2016 imperial icon on your desktop.

This link may also help you to proceed.

Thanks

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeew-m

Thank you very much!

You are correct: I was opening the file by double-clicking on it from Windows Explorer, which for some reason made it open up with plain AutoCAD 2016, not with 3D Civil. The right way to do it is open Autodesk 3D Civil 2016 and open the file from the program instead. This solved the issue. Again, thank you and Happy Holidays!

Stefano 

@Jeew-m wrote:

Hi stefano.chioettoDPFT3,

I think if the application menu browser icon (The big 'A' at top left) appears red when it is Auto CAD. For Civil 3D it should be blue.

May be you have started the software with the wrong desktop shortcut. 

You have to start the software with Civil 3D 2016 metric or Civil 3D 2016 imperial icon on your desktop.

This link may also help you to proceed.

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeew-m

The solution to the problem is to open the right link? This does not solve my issue which is that the "Create Parcel" function is missing or hidden and I don't know how to bring it back. I am running both LT and 3D 2020 and there is no blog or anything else I can find that will tell me how to get it.

Message 6 of 6
muhamad.jamal4843

Hi dear,

please check the " Workspace " make sure that it is set to " Civil 3D "

Have a look at the attached picture you will understand.

Thanks

Regards

Mohammed

Screenshot (3).png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report