Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a profile view while ommitting a range of elevations.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
arodriguezDQBHW
182 Views, 4 Replies

Create a profile view while ommitting a range of elevations.

Hello, I have a deep sewer and would like to create its profile in the same sheet as plan view. I tried to create two profiles with two different elevation ranges but the bottom profile erases the structurers while the top one shows them. I am clipping the structures at the profile extents (yes i tried the other way). I am not looking for a wipeout type of solution here or drafting the structures manually. Other than creating one profile, wiping out the range I do not want to show, creating two viewports in paperspace, is there an automated way of doing something similar?

arodriguezDQBHW_0-1644507758098.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
user181
in reply to: arodriguezDQBHW

Have you considered using a different vertical scale for that profile that is half of what your using?  If you don't have another style with a different vertical exaggeration you could copy that style and reduce the vert exag. by half or whatever amount is needed on the Graph tab of the style.  

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
arodriguezDQBHW
in reply to: user181

The municipality would not go for that even though that would be the way to go. However, I am probably going to be involved in  deep microtunneled project (80' deep). A lot of that elevation range is dead space but the municipality would not let me do a scaled down profile view. I am surprised that civil 3d does not have this capability already (split the profile). Below is a a record drawing example.

arodriguezDQBHW_0-1644509835815.png

Message 4 of 5
user181
in reply to: arodriguezDQBHW

Maybe you could just have the full profile view in model space and create two viewports in paper space showing the ranges of profile that you need so the structures don't disappear. 

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
cwr-pae
in reply to: user181

Civil 3d tends to not show the lower part of structures clipped by the top of a profile view. As @user181 suggested, make a separate viewport for the lower profile view and use the viewport to clip the top of the profile view.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report