Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor - Forcing a Fill Daylight

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mikeshick
4687 Views, 3 Replies

Corridor - Forcing a Fill Daylight

What is the best method of forcing a fill daylight using an assembly?  Though I've played with several links, I'm not managing to get the results I desire.

Thanks.

Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: mikeshick

Can't say if it's the best way but one method I like to use for this is to insert a Conditionalcutorfill subassembly at the point on your Assembly prior to the Daylight. Then Insert Attach Daylightmultiintercept subbassembly to the Conditionalcutorfill.

A Couple things to be aware of:

Conditionalcutorfill sub has a search distance parameter which is set to 9999' so I like to reduce that # quite a bit.

has an "Intercept Number" Parameter telling C3d to keep searching & cut through the EG multiple times. (Most cases you'd want this value to be set to 1,
meaning it will tie at the first intersect it finds of the EG surface).

Example Assembly:

cond assy.JPG

Example resulting 2% Boulevard, which using a normal Daylight sub would have tied to EG as a Fill Slope: Cut slope is set to 1:50 (2%).

conditional.JPG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
sboon
in reply to: mikeshick

Another options might be to use the Cut / Fill options in LinkSlopeToSurface.  You can use it to force the sub to only build a cut or fill slope.

Clipboard01.png

Here's what it looks like in an assembly.  The sub builds a fill link where possible, even though this would normally be a cut.

Clipboard02.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 4
mikeshick
in reply to: sboon

So, I messed around with linkgradetoslope.  I found that the condition "Add link in" seemed to trump the value of slope.  So, if I set my slope to -2% and left the addlinkin to cut and fill, the solution could be either cut or fill.  If I put +2% but used fill only, the solution was a "fill" slope and visa versa.  Why would the addlinkin value trump the slope value?

Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report