Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Extracted Alignments Dynamic

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
wol000
142 Views, 1 Reply

Corridor Extracted Alignments Dynamic

Hi All,

I have a question in relation to corridors and file structure. I am currently using version 2020. I'll explain my process and the issue arising from it. I create my centre alignments file and data link those files out. I create a second file, just a dummy surfaces file with basic corridors for preliminary surfaces, so i can link and connect my alignments. I sometimes target the road widths out in these corridors for unusual widenings and extract these outside edge alignments from the corridor and data link them. I then create a finished corridor and bring all my alignments back in and build the model. The alignments I extract from dummy corridors with polyline target widening only are never dynamic, if i update the road grades in any way later, they stay as is. I have to delete them and redo junction connections etc. Are extracted alignments static always, am i missing a step

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MichaelH13
in reply to: wol000

Make sure your Working Folders for the shortcuts are set correctly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report