Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor can't distinguish right and left of sub assembly

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
andrewsH7HB7
1239 Views, 5 Replies

Corridor can't distinguish right and left of sub assembly

(civil 3d: 2019)

When creating an assembly, I select the subassembly BasicLaneTransition, select RIGHT on the properties window and add it to the assembly. Then I select the subassembly again and select LEFT on the properties window. When I add it to the assembly, it also goes to the right. So I delete it and just mirror the right side. When I do this I get a dialogue box that states " are you sure you want to mirror the subassembly to the same side?" (see image "dialogue box" below). I click okay and the subassembly appears to mirror the way I want it to (see image "SA w prop L & R"). Then, when I am trying to set the targets in parameters in the corridor properties window both of the subassemblies are treated as going to the right (see image "assembly group both R"). 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeew-m
in reply to: andrewsH7HB7

Hi,

Instead of doing it twice click the assembly twice at once.

I mean when it attached to left of the assembly, without changing anything on the properties window click on the assembly again. It will automatically go to right.

Thanks

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 6
andrewsH7HB7
in reply to: Jeew-m

I'm sorry. I don't understand what you mean.

I have tried many alternatives to try solving this as it has been happening to me and all my coworkers. we all have a slightly different "fix" for the issue, but none of them actually fix the underlining issue. I really think this is a bug.

Message 4 of 6
jeff_rivers

You aren't seeing things, there is definitely something different in the workflow for creating an assembly with left & right sides.  I don't recall exactly which version changed it, but sometime between 2016-? and 2018 the workflow changed.  Previously it worked as you describe, you selected the left or right side in the properties pane, and the subassembly inserted on the selected side. 

Now it's more opaque - I can't figure out what one does to force a subassembly to the desired side, because selecting the side in the properties pane does not affect it.  

Jeffrey Rivers
Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel i9 3.7GHz, 64 GB
NVIDIA RTX A4000
C3D 2020 V13.2.89.0
Message 5 of 6
Jeew-m

Please watch THIS.

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 6 of 6
andrewsH7HB7
in reply to: Jeew-m

Wow! that totally worked! thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report