Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COGO Points with Alignment Data

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
3294 Views, 11 Replies

COGO Points with Alignment Data

I've searched the forums, but didn't quite find what I'm looking for.  Let me explain my goal as that may be faster.

I have a series of data on an alignment which requires the station, offsets, and the northing and eastings.  However, I need to make a chart that gives this information as well. The information is field collected, and most of the information is included in the point data, save the station and offset.

What I need is a way to generate all the data together in one table, and a label that shows the point number, station, offset, northing and easting.  So far, we've been able to make a point table or label, and fill in the rest of the information (point table adding station, labels adding point numbers), but this has been very tedious and we're trying to find a better way to do this.  Any tips would be helpful!

(I am not opposed to using scripts, though I don't have the knowledge to write one myself.)

Labels (4)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Jeew-m
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Create two reports from the following.

Station offset point report 

Create COGO Point Report

Then join the point data using point number in an excel sheet.

Thanks

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 12
tcorey

Do you know about User Defined Properties for Points (UDP)? You can create additional database columns for Station and Offset. Use LISP to generate the values for the Points and add them to the UDP, then a Point Label style that uses those properties from the Points. Once you have the UDP data populated, it acts like any other  point property and can be added to the Label Styles.

Reply to this message with your dwg file attached. The file should include the Points and the Alignment. I can make a UDP for Station/Offset, and then write a LISP routine that calculates those values and inputs them into the UDP. It won't happen today, as I have a training class starting in fifteen minutes and that will take all day.

If you don't want to attach your data to this public forum, you can send to me directly: tcorey at shasta dot com.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 12
Joe-Bouza

If you convert the Congo points to pipe network structures you can get all the data in one dynamic table; provided you continue to manage the structures in leu if cogo point.

export cogo to sdf 

MAPIMPORT the sdf

MAPEXPORT sho create the object data as wished.

import GIS and map to structure parts 

create structure style and label that looks like cogo point

make table

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
Jeff_M

You may be interested in the Dynamic Point Linking available in the Sincpac-C3D add-on package.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 12
stacy.tyler

Have you tried the new Project Explorer tool?  If you have an AEC Collection License (2020 or 2021) you could create a Table or external report by using it.  You can report the station / offset and offset distance of the point in relation to the Alignment when you use the Compare option in the Points Tab. All the Cogo Point information can be listed in the table too.

Message 7 of 12
tgaff
in reply to: stacy.tyler

Thank You Stacy, THAT's the way to do it! Move her number up a digit please.

Message 8 of 12
thuancao4124
in reply to: tcorey

I am interest on the Lisp code and learn about it : I want to define 3 UDP properties for a cogo point
station, station offset and side ( left or right of the alignment) and calling a Lisp function to
input alignment , and cogo point group to add UDP data into that point group.
Thanks.
Message 9 of 12
tanveerbhatti447

Yes i am also interested.

Message 10 of 12
Corey.HayesYYPD5

Thanks for this suggestion! Any chance you have a lisp routine established? Or is there a link to one you have identified? 

Message 11 of 12
Corey.HayesYYPD5

-

Message 12 of 12
tcorey
in reply to: Corey.HayesYYPD5

Three years later, my employment status has changed. I am no longer independent and able to spend time writing free lisp. You should have gotten back to me in 2021 when I had the time.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report