Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clip and save changes in xref

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
300 Views, 4 Replies

Clip and save changes in xref

Hello,

I have a big project with many external references ("mother drawing". I want to clip a small area and save changes into each clipped reference as if I share the project, my client gets only this small area (if he opens reference separately, he see sclipped drawing as well).

Is it possible to do it from "mother drawing", avoiding opening all of references and do the process separately?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
user181
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not sure I understand correctly but in your "mother" drawing containing the xrefs use the XCLIP command and select the xref you want clipped and choose "new boundary" then you have options to clip by polyline, polygonal, or rectangular.  You have to repeat for each xref you want to clip. 

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: user181

Thanks, I'd done as you wrote, but I wanted to obtain changes in each reference. When I open reference, not as a reference, but as a normal drawing, it opens without changes.
I did the following and solved indirectly the issue:

1. Clip Xref one by one

2. Bind xrefs.
However, when I explode, it comes back to the beginning with the diffrence that I do not have xrefs, but every object is one drawing, that helps a little bit with deleting manually.

Message 4 of 5
doben
in reply to: user181

"You have to repeat for each xref you want to clip."

Actually you can clip them all at once.

Message 5 of 5
user181
in reply to: doben

That would be assuming that he is just trying to create one outer boundary and not clipping specific parts of several xrefs. 

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report