Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D and Autodesk construction Cloud connection

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
shahin.ebadi
165 Views, 3 Replies

Civil 3D and Autodesk construction Cloud connection

Hi All

I'm just throwing out this question hoping for an answer other than 'NO'.

a little explaining first, all my models and drawings are saved in the Construction Cloud and I load them using the Desktop Connector. the way it works right now is whenever I save my progress a new version of the file is uploaded automatically to the cloud and that means sometime my version iteration will go up to 200s or even higher, But as I understand in Plant3D, you can choose when to check out a new version to the cloud, so they can check in their model and after several saves they can check back the updated version and go up one iteration. that could save a lot of space in my server.

now my question is, can we do the same in Civil3D as Plant3D???

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
m_kingdon
in reply to: shahin.ebadi

That is a good question.  The answer is no, but there is a plug-in that allows you to save a local version of the file between cloud saves, allowing you to sort of change that answer from no and yes.  It is covered in this video below.  This is a link to the plug-in.

https://apps.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=1147719976927149373&appLang=en&os=Win64

https://youtu.be/EgrRnToHGdQ?si=EwC12A7ic_bVewk9&t=739

Mike Kingdon
Civil 3D Zealot

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
shahin.ebadi
in reply to: m_kingdon

thanks @m_kingdon 

it's a good start, now there's one issue and that's xRefs. the model is referenced in several drawings and if I use Autosave folder to temporary  save my progress then I won't see any changes unless I change the path to referenced models every time I'm working. this will create confusion and I'm sure mistakes will happen. 

how can we suggest to Autodesk development team to bring this feature to Civil3D as well??!  

Message 4 of 4
v-silvestre
in reply to: shahin.ebadi

deleted. subject was already covered in a previous post.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report