Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2018: Profile View Split not Working

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1447 Views, 7 Replies

Civil 3D 2018: Profile View Split not Working

Hello everyone,

I have the same problem reported by @Anonymous for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015, in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 Version 12.0.1386.0 (2018.2 Update).

In the link below is the problem initially reported by @Anonymous on December 5, 2014.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-forum/civi3d-2015-profile-view-split-not-working/td-p/5026738

And in this link is the video of the issue made by @C3D_TomR

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/ec9cd1d6-41d6-4c56-abd6-0639ee16d8cd

In addition to this, the profile markers are shown in incorrect positions, see figure below.

ProfileViewSplitIssue.JPG

I would like to know if there is a solution to this problem.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Mauro Vega

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.2

Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU 2.6 GHZ

32 GB RAM 2133 MHz

NVIDIA Quadro M3000M

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Mike.M.Carlson
in reply to: Anonymous

At 6mins he discusses the glitch after profile split view creation.  I'm not sure if this video will help for your case, but Jeff's workflow is the only one I have found that works consistently for past several version of C3D (16thru18).  I hope it helps.

Michael M. Carlson
Senior Civil Designer
CADD Manager
AutoCAD Civil 3D Professional
AutoCAD Professional

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Mike.M.Carlson

This still doesn't work.  I split a profile in 2018 and I get multiple PVI markers as shown in the first post.  This does not happen in previous versions of C3D (I tried it in 2015 and had no problems).  Is this a software defect?  If so, when can we expect a fix?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Mike.M.Carlson

Hello, @Mike.M.Carlson

Thanks for your answer.

For now the partial solution to the generation of split profiles is the one shown in the second link of my post.

But as @Anonymous says, it is a defect of the software for the generation of split profiles.

I would like to know if the solution will be included in the next update of the software or in the new version, which I think will soon be released to the public, since in April of last year the 2018 version was released.

Best regards.

Mauro Vega

Message 5 of 8
jezzell

I am also having the same issue. I split profile view as shown in the video (works Great), but the proposed profile is still showing PVI's and high and low points. I believe I am up to date running 2018.2. 

Windows 7 x 64 Professional
Clevo Laptop
Nvidia Quadro M3000
24 GB DDR3
256GB SSD
Quad core i7-6700k @ 4.0 GHz
Civil 3D 2015 SP3
Civil 3D 2017
Message 6 of 8
user181
in reply to: jezzell

I think you can fix that problem by following the instructions here

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: user181

@user181 thank you very much.

Best regards.

Mauro Vega

Message 8 of 8
user181

You're welcome @Anonymous.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report