Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add elevation label to polylines

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
a176941
1893 Views, 5 Replies

Can't add elevation label to polylines

Hello, I am still new to AutoCAD Civil 3D. I want to add elevation label to polylines but failed to do so. I already tried "Line and Curve" but I still couldnt do it. Any ideas how to label my polylines since I dont have any surface in my drawing. Thank you in advanced!

Labels (5)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
lim.wendy
in reply to: a176941

Hello @a176941!

A warm welcome to the Civil 3D Community! Thank you for posting your question. 🙂

I've a quick look at your drawing, you have built the surface but the layer which the the surface is built in on Layer 0 and is turned off. 

Look at the tip from this post on importing surface styles to stylize your surface.

Once you have the correct style applied to your surface, you can label the contours. Learn more here.

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Rails Summit

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

using the wrong function, where you see line and curve, do down and select surface and then set your label type and and styles and you should be good to go. Sorry assumed that was a surface. You probably need to set the right settings for your label style assuming your pline is elevated.

Message 4 of 6
jalnealFG

Created a quick video that explains how to get the types of labels you are looking for. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2fviJUG4QU

Message 5 of 6
Grover_Puma

select poliline / add labels

Grover_Puma_0-1590793598163.png

LINE AND CURVE

Grover_Puma_1-1590793656104.png

CREATENEW

Grover_Puma_2-1590793709584.png

TEXT

Grover_Puma_3-1590793774025.png

GENERAL SEGMENT START Z / OK 

Grover_Puma_4-1590793821320.png

IS THE SAME ELEVATION

Grover_Puma_5-1590793888299.png

if this helps to solve your problem, ACCEPT SOLUTION please, this will help others find immediate answers. Thank you

ACEPTA LA SOLUCION que responde a tu pregunta, esto ayudará a otros a encontrar respuestas de una manera mas sencilla.
Si te gusta esta publicación, dale ME GUSTA.

Saludos!
Message 6 of 6
lim.wendy
in reply to: Grover_Puma

Hi @a176941

Thanks @Grover_Puma , @Anonymous , @jalnealFG for these great tips. 

Do let us know if the suggestions help 🙂

If the suggestions helped you, please hit the "Accept Solution" button, as it helps makes the solution easier to find for others who might have the same issue. Knowing which topics are solved or not can also help our many users find the questions that still need to be answered. It’s also a great way to say “thank you!” and give recognition to whoever helped you. 🙂

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Rails Summit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report