Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D Total Volume Table exporting to ACAD shows text in the table backwards

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
simeonz
319 Views, 5 Replies

C3D Total Volume Table exporting to ACAD shows text in the table backwards

This is my first post here so first of all,  hello!

My problem is that as Total Volume Table text is all dandy when using C3D (1.dwg), but when I export or explode (in C3D- 1.dwg) the same table the text instantly writes itself from right to left (like in a mirror). I tried creating new text style with backwards option checked, and apply to the Exported ACAD drawing (2.dwg) but did nothing at first but will revert to left to right after explode command but the justification is all wrong. I tried creating a style with backwards checked and applied it while creating table and then exported (3.dwg).Text was once again from right to left and reverts after explosion and in the process messed up the justification. At the moment I'm having trouble like this only with the Total Volume Table. Thank you for your time and help!

PS: Checked the UCS, it's always set to world 

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Udo_Huebner
in reply to: simeonz

Hi @simeonz 

I can not reproduce the problem you described.

With Civil 3D 2021.2 version (with AutoCAD 2021.1.3) or Civil 3D 2022, when I open 1.dwg and explode (using Command: _EXPLODE) the material list, the text remains as expected (no mirroring).

Command: EXPORTC3DDRAWING also works as expected.

What Civil version and update release are you currently using?

Gruß Udo Hübner (CAD-Huebner)
Message 3 of 6
simeonz
in reply to: Udo_Huebner

Well here is the ss 

1.png 

Message 4 of 6
Udo_Huebner

Ok, you have not installed an update yet. The unwanted behavior is already solved with the latest updates.

Download and install the latest updates using "Autodesk Desktop App" or download them from https://manage.autodesk.com and all should work as expected.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2021/ENU/AutoC...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/civil-3d/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2021/ENU/Civi...

Gruß Udo Hübner (CAD-Huebner)
Message 5 of 6
simeonz
in reply to: Udo_Huebner

Well I did what you said (installed latest C3D), opened the 1.dwg full of hope, but still same problem. I have some geodetic observations to take early in the morning and after that whole lot of staking out and surveying but after work I will try to delete all Autodesk stuff and reinstall C3D. You, my friend, have my gratitude for your time and patience!

Message 6 of 6
simeonz

Found the setting that was giving me hard time. Table style>Summary>General>Maintain View Orientation>True.
When I set that to false, everything was dandy.

By the way the problem was reproduced by 3 other people with C3D versions 2014, 2017, 2021 and mine - 2022.

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report