Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch creation of profile , viewframe and sheets

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
784 Views, 5 Replies

Batch creation of profile , viewframe and sheets

Dear All 

Is there any way to create multiple viewframe , profile and sheets without going through each and every alignments?

If I explain it further, I have nearly 200 alignments and want to create plan and profile sheets from those all alignments. What I do right now is first create profiles for each alignments one by one then view frame and sheets.

It is very time consuming since I have many alignments.

Is there any way to improve my workflow. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
seanp.fahey
in reply to: Anonymous

Depending on the length of each alignment you'll probably have to use the view frame creation tool for each one. If you have alignments that will only be for one sheet, then I would recommend creating the sheet through the sheet set manager with a template to help speed things along. In short there is currently no way the program can detect all of your alignments and create via frames for them.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: seanp.fahey

Thanks lot. But should I look for any API for develop new tool? 

Also using "multiple" commend can speed up process somewhat.

Message 4 of 6
tcorey

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks lot. But should I look for any API for develop new tool? 

Yes.

Civil 3D supports automation of this sort through VB.net or C#.net.

I don't think you could get it done with LISP. Many of the methods that are meant to allow you to create Civil 3D objects are disabled in LISP.

You don't keep those 200 alignments in one drawing, do you?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

I keep allest 100 alignment in one drawing. I try to use many drawing first because it is slow down lot when using 100 alignment in one drawing .But I guess it is quite manageable than hading 10 or 20 files with different file name.And it is easy to crate view frame ,profile and sheets if alignments are in one drawing.

Could you please give directions to using those API for comecome above problem. 

Message 6 of 6
tcorey

@Anonymous wrote:

Could you please give directions to using those API for comecome above problem. 

For that, you're going to need a lot of study. Have you taken a VB.NET or C# course? If not, start there.

If you need a solution quickly, send a private message to some of the programmers who frequent the Civil 3D Customization forum. 

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report