Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad to Carlson 2018

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
780 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCad to Carlson 2018

I use Carlson 2018 but my boss and Crew chief have always used AutoCad. The only issue we have to some features don't translate from AutoCad to Carlson or vice versa. My biggest problem is curve information AutoCad to Carlson. Picture for reference. AecDbCurveText (AecCivilBase) should be radius and length respectively 

Is there any way to import AutoCad features into Carlson so I don't have to re-enter information constantly?Screenshot (4).png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Kevin.Spear
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry your having this issue. First distinction is that you're looking at Civil 3D labels, not AutoCAD text. When in vanilla AutoCAD, there is an object enabler that allows a flavor of AutoCAD that is not Civil 3D to see the Civil 3D objects. Second distinction, you're working in Intellicad so there would not be an object enabler for you.

Are there other options? There is one more - the person who gave this file should set PROXYGRAPHICS to ONE in the file and send it back, then the civil 3d stuff should be visible without the enabler.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
Kevin

Kevin Spear, PE

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report