Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach point cloud into C3D

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
qchenTPPXV
89 Views, 3 Replies

Attach point cloud into C3D

Greeting,

I want to figure out if you can attach the point cloud into C3D. The situation is I can attach the point cloud into C3D from my side. However, my colleague couldn't when I share with him the same file.

Another question, is it possible to import the point cloud into C3D and share with other in C3D?

Thanks for any helps.

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Pointdump
in reply to: qchenTPPXV

Hi Qixing,
"attach the point cloud into C3D"
Sorry, no. The RCP Point Cloud file goes along for the ride as an attachment, same as an XREF or any imagery. When you pass the drawing you'll need to include the RCP and Support Folder.
Dave

Test3_1.png

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 4
qchenTPPXV
in reply to: Pointdump

Thank you very much for getting back to me. I saw the screenshot, and you can attach the point cloud. I assume that the files I provide is sufficient to attach the point cloud.

Do you know if there is any reasons that my colleague couldn't attach it? I know that it is a wired question. Just wondering if you have any ideas about it
Message 4 of 4
Pointdump
in reply to: qchenTPPXV

Qixing,
Yes, if you provided the RCP and Support folder, your colleague probably just needs to "re-path" the RCP.
Dave

RePath_1.png

RePath_2.png

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report